need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found out what makes it hard to start when hot... it died almost a mile away from home.. thought it was gas related but wasn't sure because my gauge said half a tank but it could be stuck so I called and got gas because I felt it wouldn't hurt as my father was coming to fetch me anyway.. so we started to play around with it and decided to check spark now that we knew we had fuel for sure.... no spark so we called my uncle with a tester and we began to test the distributor but it came up as having power... we were stumped...so along side the road we decided to pull the cap.... someone put neversieze in it... when it got warm it would get liqidy and cause a "short" so to speak so no current could go through.... we cleaned it off best we could and it started right up...went to Napa got new cap and rotor and now it starts even easier and has no more problems ... still puzzled why neversieze was in there but no more cutting out when hot no more cranking a lot when hot no more overheating now that everything has been fixed... thank god!

You think that's bad? I went to change the camshaft sensor in my truck a few years ago and when I took the cap off the distributor I heard a metal to metal clang like something fell. Turns out it was half of the bottom plate that the cap screwed onto. Someone used some glue or adhesive to glue the 2 pieces together. So I took the camshaft sensor back and got a whole new distributor with everything included. I hate when people do half ass stuff to try to fix something.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it has me puzzled... there are many high end expensive things on this truck and then there are some things that are so half assed its not even funny...makes me worried sometimes