Need help/opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a 95 1500 5.7 5 speed. The day before I went on vacation something happened and it would make a grinding noise while at speed.

Long story short it was above my mechanical skill. Chevy garage said it was the U-joints and that the gears got stripped in my TCase. Apparently you cant buy the parts I need and they say I neef a whole new TCase.

The transfer case, u joints, and a new clutch are suppose to be 3500 for parts and labor.

I need opinions on what to do. Find the parts I need online or a junk yard? Pay them that much and say it?

ANY input would be appreciated because I don't just have that kind of spending money. I can pay it but it's going to hurt.

Sent from the Z71

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grab a junk yard one and buy a new clutch and a couple u joints and install it yourself with a couple friends. It's easy to do just a bit time consuming... even with parts and beer for you and the helpers I would be surprise if it cost you more then 600 or so to do the job..

sent from what use to be a great country..

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Been pissing me off honestly. I don't have the tools here since I've moved back in with my folks for the time being so I'd probably have to let the shop do it.

Going to hunt I reckon

Sent from the Z71

DCorvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the transfer case out of a 94 5 speed work on my 95?

Sent from the Z71