need help fast parts store closes soon!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 k2500 classic 5.7 been falling on its face with over 1/4 throttle acceleration or cruising and going up any incline.. takes a mile or better to reach 65 due to this.. has new plugs, wires ,cap n button no play with distributor, new fuel pump. Thinking egr? Any thought greatly appreciated I'm on break at work n live 45 min away

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back to work.. it's gotten worse can barely push peddle at cruise can't hit 65mph i have to be that light on the peddle at cruise..in town is a little better can somewhat push peddle. Also chugs in reverse

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thought is it's not getting any fuel. Did the same to my dad's truck, but his was a '92, turned out to be the fuel pump going bad.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would check the fuel pressure. Also did you change out the fuel filter? Possibly clogged.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuel pump was done a month ago and filter was about 2 years ago per PO..

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Issues just started a week ago.. though maybe something was froze so it sat in heated garage for 12 hours but didn't seem to help .. been average real feel temp of -30 lately.. also batteries are brand new so shouldn't be a problem with