Need help! 90 C1500 Sivlerado Ext Cab w the TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey, I need a lil help here. Ive got a 90 C1500 Sivlerado Ext Cab w the TBI 350. Just completed a fresh tune up monday. I was driving today and it just quit on me. Fuel pumps kicking on, its getting spark, but no start. Had to leave it 150 miles away and walk home. Lil help here? Any suggestions as to wtf has happened? It only has 126k original miles on it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Seeing such a random post in a topic this old instantly made me think spam. I suggest making a new topic with your problem as to not put some way off topic chat in this really old topic.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fixed it for you. Your own thread.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Hey, I need a lil help here. Ive got a 90 C1500 Sivlerado Ext Cab w the TBI 350. Just completed a fresh tune up monday. I was driving today and it just quit on me. Fuel pumps kicking on, its getting spark, but no start. Had to leave it 150 miles away and walk home. Lil help here? Any suggestions as to wtf has happened? It only has 126k original miles on it.

are the injectors spraying? if not then you need a set of noid lights to see if they are getting signal, if they have signal then you have a issue where the fuel pump is not actually pumping or the pressure is way too low or you could even have plugged injector screens.

if you have no signal then check the ground wire at the thermostat, that is the most common failure, it may have corrosion internally but look fine on the outside, those grounds are for the injectors and the ignition module, check the inj fuse also.

Reaction score
Had a mechanic look at it and the inside of the distributor was coated in carbon and was very rusty. Replaced entire unit (at a cost of $200.00) Drove it 5 miles and it quit again. Just driving along normally and it was like I turned the key off. Coil, maybe? It ran okay until the engine temp got up to like 180 - 185 degrees.