need advice..... again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after my many posts, I have one more. Today as I was leaving school, when I hit the gas I got a loud winning noise sounding like it was coming from the bottom of the motor. It was more obvious at low speeds, and less obvious at high speed. After a few miles it quittened down but still noticeable. This problem wasn't here this morning. Now what?

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Maybe tcase noise? If it's cold the fluid in your trans or tcase might be thick enough to cause a noise

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the transfer case do anything while its in 2wd? It was colder this morning and I didn't have any issues with this.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the transfer case do anything while its in 2wd? It was colder this morning and I didn't have any issues with this.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ruled out your power steering pump? I know it sounds too simple but just making sure you aren't overlooking things

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The power steering I'm not sure is the problem. Occasionally it is hard to turn till a certain point and them it let's free. But this noise was constant not just turns.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, the power steering pump will whine all the time not just during turns. Take a long screwdriver or stethoscope and place it on the cap or reservoir when the whine is present and see if you can hear it there.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did. The noise was never present till I hit the gas and was actually accelerating.

WillHolt

Reaction score
Agreed on the ignition module. Mine would die as it got hot and I would have a crank no start until it cooled enough. Installed a new module and the problem was solved.

I would replace that first and fix the vacuum leak. That will alleviate the majority of your problems.