Necessity of a chip in a tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys so far all I've done to my tbi is ultimate tbi mods, 1.5 spacer, open element filter and headers.
Would a tune be beneficial at this stage or should I wait until I put a new cam in?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
depends on how soon the cam is going in- if you do a whole bunch of mods at once, I'd say wait until they are done

if it's going to be a while, go ahead and get a custom tune

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes it would be. Even on a stock engine a tune can make huge improvements.

-Via Mobile-

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would you all recommend the hot chip from tbi chips or a custom. It's a 92 gmc with the ultimate tbi mods, headers, 1.5 spacer, duals, and an open element with 180* therm.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id have him hoop you up with a custom one. although id wait till your mods are done. Heads, cam, intake whatever and then tune it so you dont waste money.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Would you all recommend the hot chip from tbi chips or a custom. It's a 92 gmc with the ultimate tbi mods, headers, 1.5 spacer, duals, and an open element with 180* therm.

Shoot him an e-mail. Let him know what you have right now and what your future plans are. He is very helpful with all of it.