NBS trany issues. (You guys are kinder than the GMFS group)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no way to manually shift it into 3rd on nbs trannies. The "third" is basically a way to keep it out of overdrive, similar to D with out the circle around it on 88-94 (for sure, not sure about on the newer gmt400s)

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no way to manually shift it into 3rd on nbs trannies. The "third" is basically a way to keep it out of overdrive, similar to D with out the circle around it on 88-94 (for sure, not sure about on the newer gmt400s)

In my 88 and my 04 you cant force it into 2nd or 3rd thats just not how a stock trans works, you can hold it in those gears however, it does how ever change the fluid flow in the trans when you have the shifter in the different locations

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In an03 (never really tried it in the94) you can force it into 2nd, because it will even sift it earlier, or it will stay in second if you leave it there, and you take off from second (that was an oops)