Narrowing down brake light, hazards, buzzer issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's up guys. I got a 1994 C1500 with a 5.3 swap. The past couple days I have been trying to narrow down the brake light, hazard, buzzer issues. They don't work. I have replaced, brake switch, headlight switch. Rear tail lamps are 2 months old, but aftermarket, fuses have been pulled and replaced with good ones. Turn signals work, lights work, 3rd brake light also inop. Could it be the flasher relay?? Thanks !

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's up guys. I got a 1994 C1500 with a 5.3 swap. The past couple days I have been trying to narrow down the brake light, hazard, buzzer issues. They don't work. I have replaced, brake switch, headlight switch. Rear tail lamps are 2 months old, but aftermarket, fuses have been pulled and replaced with good ones. Turn signals work, lights work, 3rd brake light also inop. Could it be the flasher relay?? Thanks !

Any takers?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this start before or after the 5.3 swap? Sounds like a ground issue to me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this start before or after the 5.3 swap? Sounds like a ground issue to me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
After. I did the swap 4 years ago. The issue started this week. All was well before. I have to come to the conclusion of either a bad multi function turn signal switch or a loose or bad ground somewhere. Just have to keep narrowing it down to where.

kenbronnson73

Reaction score
I have seen a whole chevy truck box light up a test light.That was an older truck though but ground a test light all the way up to the battery with a long test lead and check both sides of your sockets for power. You will see power on the ground side if its bad.Those early chevys did go through switches though too especially if four ways are on alot like on a work truck.I changed many on city fleet.wiggle four way switch and watch indicators on dash or the actual lights in back if they flicker change the turn signal (multifunction) switch.Good luck

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen a whole chevy truck box light up a test light.That was an older truck though but ground a test light all the way up to the battery with a long test lead and check both sides of your sockets for power. You will see power on the ground side if its bad.Those early chevys did go through switches though too especially if four ways are on alot like on a work truck.I changed many on city fleet.wiggle four way switch and watch indicators on dash or the actual lights in back if they flicker change the turn signal (multifunction) switch.Good luck

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Turns out to simply be a burnt fuse ! I had a 10 amp instead of 20 amp. Always look at the fundamentals of the problem first then go from there. I was looking to much in depth