Narrowing a 95' Rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm helping a buddy work on his 95' bagged truck. He is running 22x10'' billet wheels and they barley rub the out side lip of the bed. He had heard that you can narrow the rear end 3/4'' on each side and just simply cut and re-use the axles. Is there any truth to this? I'm just wondering if there will be enough room for the C clip still?

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a rear end from a late 70s-early 80s chev truck, narrower. Better than chancing it without custom axles IMO.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a rear end from a late 70s-early 80s chev truck, narrower. Better than chancing it without custom axles IMO.

We've thought of tring to find a SS impala rear end. The big thing is moving all the mounts from his rear to another since it's bagged..

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote roll the fender lips in if it is truely a slight contact. also how committed to the tires is he, a slightly narrower tire might do the trick too.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
If the fenders lips aren't rolled then I would do that, my 95 had a nova rear which is more narrow as is but the PO narrowed that even more

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2