MYT HI's SAS questions and build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
See i have no clue what a panhard bar or crossover steering is..is there a place i can learn about that? Like a beginers thread? Lol

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I got. Lots of work is needed on this axle at the moment.
I read since my axle came out of a 85 it's should be a corp 10, and the fact it has these ears.

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Crossover steering is the best way to set up steering for an IFS truck going SAS. It is a lot better than push/pull steering. It requires a dropped pitman arm (Superlift 1104 is the most common used).

A drag link (can be bought/made) to connect the steering box to the passenger side knuckle. The knuckle will need machined flat (must be a "flat top knuckle to do so) and a steering arm added (got mine from WFO, who also machined my knuckle to match).

Then the tie rod connects the two knuckles together.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! And out of the SAS trucks ive seen in persont the majority dont have front drive shafts is there somthing insanely hard about switching the transfercase? Or are people just lazy?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
hardest thing to swap to a pass side tcase is making linkage for it, driveshafts are hard because stock ones are pieces of crap in all honesty most people dont want to fork over the cash for a proper new one.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I was planning to make linkage like 88gmctruck's stepside but I won't know how hard it will be until I get to it. I really wonder if I have to modify the cross member too? He had to

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
for teh transfer case? yes you will a 91s frame is much skinnier than ours. and for linkage i really like how 92sierra did his if i remember correctly.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
for teh transfer case? yes you will a 91s frame is much skinnier than ours. and for linkage i really like how 92sierra did his if i remember correctly.

Happen to have a link? Tapatalk sucks for searching.