my truck build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shortened frame and a micro bed...hmmm. So the wheelbase is going to be shorter than a CCSB from '99 or a 2000, but the overall dimensions of the truck could be the same? Quite the different way of undertaking a truck shortening.

Cool.

So it's getting painted white again, going to lift it or axle swaps and the like or just clean it up and drive it?
Gonna paint it, lower it back to stock height and tow with it, I love the way these truck look stock. Bed needs some body work first. I'm also building a low compression 383 with vortec heads to replace the tired 350.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shortened frame and a micro bed...hmmm. So the wheelbase is going to be shorter than a CCSB from '99 or a 2000, but the overall dimensions of the truck could be the same? Quite the different way of undertaking a truck shortening.

Cool.

So it's getting painted white again, going to lift it or axle swaps and the like or just clean it up and drive it?
Clean it up and drive it. New paint, built 383, rebuilt trans going in in a few weeks, clean the interior up and better highway tires

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also found where the bed was shorted. They cut the very front of the bed and removed quite a bit. You will never notice looking inside the bed and outside. Only once you look on the bottom under the truck you can see a few spots they didn't grind perfectly. Very cleanly done

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Also found where the bed was shorted. They cut the very front of the bed and removed quite a bit. You will never notice looking inside the bed and outside. Only once you look on the bottom under the truck you can see a few spots they didn't grind perfectly. Very cleanly done

Did they fold it over then put the header back in? Or section it?

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So no pics but some simple stiff this weekend. Changed the blower resistor and motor, cleaned the Evap while the blower was out. Replaced the AC hoses off the compressor, and replaced the radiator and coolant hoses as well. Got it on a vac now, I'll charge it up later this evening.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleaned up the interior a little and reorganized all my work tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This truck is really cool! I love the 94 interiors, I wonder if they swapped the front seats out as the rear seats are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk