My Sons First Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Peter and Don! One of the very first things we did was to get this thing in a "moving under its own power" status. Tranny was leaking so bad from the front seal that it literally went through a quart every time we moved it from the street into the driveway. Pump bushing must've been SHOT.

I made a cardinal mistake and ended up purchasing a used transmission. I know.....I knew better and figured I'd take my chances....well.....I got what I could've expected......a crap tranny. It wouldn't shift any further than second gear. Had first and second but no third or fourth gears. Being a glutton for punishment I got it warrantied out for another used tranny. Mistake #2.....that one wouldn't even untrack, HOWEVER....the wrecking yard didn't ask for tranny #1 back so....I got myself a core. Not being a tranny guy I farmed the rebuild out and got a good one finally.

Here's my son Joseph finishing by adding the last of the fluid in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tandyman

Reaction score
At least the 4L60e was NOT a 700r4 so you were not accused of adjusting it improperly! I believe 94 was the first year of that. My 98 4.3L W/T longbox is chugging away at only 195k. My 98 C1500 xcab 5.7 from TX is at 472k and runs awesome as well. Those are great first trucks if not rotted away!

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think you got yourself a good truck there. Ya, it needs work but they all do. Welcome to the party, lots of expertise here on this forum.
Thanks OBS. 'Preciate the good word bro.

Maybe I missed it, but what are the plans? Are you going to get the V6 running or swapping with something else?
The goal for this truck was to keep it all nice'n simple by repairing the 4.3. He's a good kid and all but he's still a teenager and with that........well.....you know the deal.