My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Very nice! I just scored a similar truck a week ago, but with barn doors and 122k on the clock. Not quite as clean as yours, but close enough. Mine is also a 99 k2500 SLT with a 454. Similarly optioned. See you around the forum!
You must be registered for see images attach

Ok. That's super cool. Does he/she have the E55 tailgate option? Or barn doors? Also, is that thing trimmed in Sunset Gold Metallic?

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Nice rig, just scoped your thread! I was the opposite, barn doors only. I've found the tailgate to be more common on 1/2t rigs. I went 3/4t because you get all the "bulletproof" parts from the factory. (4L80E, 14b, better brakes). I agree in the ride, my 'burb actually rides better than the 2017 F150 it replaced.

Other than a color change, I wish mine was a 6.5LTD. I don't ever pull anything heavier than a car trailer, so the light duty 6.5 would suit my needs...and have that awesome sound.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome Burbs guys! To the OP, that interior looks immaculate! At first glance I had mixed feelings on the newer wheels, but after a few more glances, I agree... they look great. :cool:

If anyone else is looking for a nice C2500, my 1995 is for sale (link in sig). And it's got the tailgate option too. ;)

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would assume the tailgate option just wasn’t popular with buyers. You have to stretch to reach stuff in the bed. Considering these were family vehicles and most likely had a ton of kid crap in the cargo area would be why it’s not popular. If I had a SUV it would be a liftgate or barn style doors. I wish my truck tailgate had a swing to the side option.

as far as wheels I prefer stock wheels over aftermarket stuff.