My New 1996 GMC YUKON GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the compliments and suggestions. I am pretty much leaving it stock as-is.

Over the weekend just doing routine maintenance, oil change etc.. I discovered they did buy a K&N air filter for it so I cleaned and recharged it. However, it didn't fit right in the airbox preventing it from sealing properly. I found that the filter had an extra tapered 1/2 inch projection of molded rubber on the top hat. So I carefully trimmed that portion off and it sealed like it should. It is the correct filter but it that projection probably was intended for a different application I guess.

I also ended up ordering a set of black/red Cal Trend seat covers and a black powder coated bull bar for it that I will install later this Spring, Spring or an extended break in the weather is when I really want to flush that Dexcool out. That stuff wreaked havoc on my old Jimmy. The intake gaskets when I replaced them were so deteriorated from that stuff. Hard to tell where I am with this truck since I see no evidence of seepage around the intake. They may have been already replaced.

Last edited:

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Always wanted one of these, found one that was a 6.5 diesel just didnt have enough cash to pull the trigger, looks sharp man

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Hey there! Nice yukon! Love the 2 doors! You are a very lucky 15 year old to get your hands on that black beast. Take care of it and I look forward to seeing what becomes of it.

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Ride,gotta luv those 2 drs must be rare, i don't see many. I understand searching for the RIGHT One.