My kids truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Never started a thread, But Most my son Matt picked up a new to him truck this past February. A 2011 GMC Sierra Z71 in Lazer Blue that matches his Monte SS. Funny thing is, this truck belonged to one of our neighbors. Matt drove past it twice a day and fell in love with it. The day we saw the truck was gone and a 2014 GMC was in its place, Matt was searching the internet to see where it went. He found it and bought it.

Really haven't done too much to it, but we have done a few modifications. No pictures, But The day he brought it home, he pealed the dealership decal off and installed a Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet decal in it's place. Then in March we installed HID headlights and a set of WeatherTech Floor mats. After that Changed the oil to Royal Purple and installed a Summit Racing trailer hitch plug. Since then it's been pretty much a work truck and been trying to keep it clean.

Yesterday, Took it to the Batavia cruise so it got detailed really good! Today the biggest mod happened. I installed the lift kit. 3" in the front and 2" in the rear to get it up and leveled.

Before, the front fender lip was 36 3/8" and the rear measured 37 7/8":
You must be registered for see images attach

After The front fender was 39 1/8" with the rear at 39 3/4":

Next Spring, new rims and tires! Glad I'm not paying for this one...

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I've never seen that color before on one of the 900's. Guess I'm partial to blue GM trucks haha.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I've never seen that color before on one of the 900's. Guess I'm partial to blue GM trucks haha.

Thanks, he gets lots of compliments on it. I guess its a rare color on the Sierras.[sort of common on the Silverados] According to the one salesman we talked to, it was only sprayed on GMC trucks for less than 1 month, for the 2011 models only. We have only seen 2 others that color before. One is local, but it's a crew cab and the other was almost a twin we saw in Ohio.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks, he gets lots of compliments on it. I guess its a rare color on the Sierras.[sort of common on the Silverados] According to the one salesman we talked to, it was only sprayed on GMC trucks for less than 1 month, for the 2011 models only. We have only seen 2 others that color before. One is local, but it's a crew cab and the other was almost a twin we saw in Ohio.
Right that color is pretty common on the chevys my favorite color right there

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
So for Christmas I bought Matt a 24" LED light bar similar to the one I have on my truck. Today, I spent a few hours installing it.

I mounted it in the slot of his front bumper. Had to make a couple brackets to hang it from existing holes in the bumper frame mount. But it sturdy and looks good.

All lit up!

He's changed his mind so many times on his approach towards the truck, But I think he now has a plan. He wants to make it a GMC version of the Chevy Reaper

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So for Christmas I bought Matt a 24" LED light bar similar to the one I have on my truck. Today, I spent a few hours installing it.

I mounted it in the slot of his front bumper. Had to make a couple brackets to hang it from existing holes in the bumper frame mount. But it sturdy and looks good.

All lit up!

He's changed his mind so many times on his approach towards the truck, But I think he now has a plan. He wants to make it a GMC version of the Chevy Reaper
Hopefully without the messed up front end lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Hopefully without the messed up front end lol

Obviously! But then again, he does like the way the grille is angled, And he is a fabricator/body guy. So who knows what he will come up with. I can't even begin to explain the hood he is making for his Monte SS. He has 3 hoods cut in various stages/shapes and will be welding them together to make a completely one of a kind hood.