My documented TBI-to-Vortec 350 conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Shewwww, it’s been years boys. Logged back in for shiggles and was looking through my old threads. Just fyi, I never did get a chip done by EagleMark (may he rest in peace, he was such a gentleman and so patient with my questions and ideas when it came to this truck.)

The truck is still running after all these years with the exact build I documented here, on the stock chip. I sold it to a buddy back in 2016, and he’s actually been daily driving it ever since. He had an 05 Silverado DD that he broke the transmission in half (literally) and let THAT sit while he drives my old 92. He’s done small repairs here and there, but the block, heads and intake are unchanged and still running with no complaints as of now.

Edit: and yes, it was a ripper. Now having been through my associates degree in auto tech, I know darn well it was running lean HARD under throttle, but on the low end it was an absolute tire fryer and when I threw in a built 700r4, it would chirp tires through 2nd and 3rd on hot, dry, south texas asphalt.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
pretty much the entire “build” was trial and error, and I reused a lot of stuff that I now know should have been measured and double checked, but it ended up working out pretty good. Truck got horrible mileage and was a dog at speed but with the cam being unknown to me, I think it’s safe to assume it was a torquey aftermarket one.