My Burban - 99 OBS with some stuff - alot of stuff about to go on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bahndrvr

Reaction score
Won't call this a build thread, but it's a high, how are you doing, figured I would do a post with my Burban

This site has helped me out alot already, did the MPFI conversion/spyder conversion on the truck, and just did the fuel pump last night. Thanks to this site I was able to just get the pump from AC Delco and pull the basket and replace the pump. Total cost going this was was 59 bucks as opposed to the whole assembly at almost 300 so I'm happy.

About the Burban:

Recently rebuilt Vortech 350
Tranny rebuilt about 9 months ago, corvette servo so shifts Tight
Hedman Headers
K&N CAI
New plugs, wires and cheap cap and rotor, going to change the cap and rotor out and maybe the dizzy as well as it's running great but has as slight miss.
Has true duals striaght off the headers, I'm a big beliver in scavanging though so after the body lift going to paint it and see where the h/x would help and throw it in.
Running flows and sounds Awesome
Has Rear AAL and front is all wore out.

That's the delimma: Repair IFS and RCX it or SAS it. To help me decide I'm putting it in the air a bit with a Summit Body Lift kit for the 3 inches, then I will start addressing the frame rust, I live in Florida but this is an Ohio truck so it has some rust, i want it to be all black and repaired underneath. It has the good step bars on it so don't mind the bodylift as much...

Anyway,

It rides on Giovanni 20's with Cooper 275/55-20's so will be trying to trade those for a set of decent rims and some 35's or 36's, if I do the bracket lift I will stay at that size as I do wheel. If I SAS I will start with 37's and probably go up LOL.

So, it's in Bolt on part of the forum because I'm bolting on more go soon, cam and possilby heads then will do BB tune after everything is done, but first will be the BodyLift and then some paint stripping and painting to get rid of rust all over the truck/SUV.

Only thing it needs is maybe paint, and some more TLC as well as the front end parts. Love the look just wish it was higher LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
:welcome: to GMT400! I'm Jack. I like the N-fabs on there. Good looking rig.

Bahndrvr

Reaction score
Welcome. Looks like u got a lot goin on there. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys, just traded my 95 GTS Mustang for this but still have my 347 and a slew of parts for the Stang, this will get modified more and more as I sell off Mustang parts.

It will be slow as my Daily Driver is my new VW GTI, I only want a few more things done to it to make it more fun, Roughly 1500 bucks towards the GTI and I'll ahve around 320 FWHP and it will be a handful and enough to get me to stop modding it till the factory warrenty runs out. The Burban is a "side" project right now, but that's why I'm kinda for the IFS lift because I have to tear it apart to do all the ball joints and tie rods and then alignment, just coming up with 1000 for the Lift is going to kill me.

I have big plans for it and I will wheel it, I'm not comfortable wheelign it alot righ now as I'll scrape everything everywhere, jsut the bodylift and raising the NFabs will help as I don't want to hang body parts, frame I'm ok with LOL.

More than likely selling my Motorcycle as well which will help with build funds and the 02 Saleen I have is waiting for me to reassemble it and sell it. I'm trying to simplify as I got accepted to a very fast paced Masters program so will be in School whil being full time single dad as well.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
nice looking burban and i went with a bracket lift 6.5 from superlift i couldnt be more happy great looking truck im jealous of your side steps look much better than mine

Bahndrvr

Reaction score
Had an opportunity to get some off-road flex and test, so here's the results.

The rear gov-lock works great with a bit of brake modulation, it's just too low to do much so going to go to work on that Soon:)

From just now: Cell phone pics so don't hate;-)

Bahndrvr

Reaction score
nice looking burban and i went with a bracket lift 6.5 from superlift i couldnt be more happy great looking truck im jealous of your side steps look much better than mine

Don't be jealous, I need to pull them off, re-enforce the mountes and strip and paint them, they are rusted pretty bad at all mounts:( Figure I have to puta bout 6 hours of work in them to get them to good again, but I'm willing to do it so I can do the Bodylift.

If this possible trade for 37's works out, I will do Balljoint flip, torsen crank, and the Bodylift quick as well as trimming till I do the lift. but I figure on 8 inch rims I can fit the 37's with Sawsall;-)

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice burb. Recommend not Doing a balljoint flip. Just crank 2 inchs and you will be fine

Bahndrvr

Reaction score
Alright, I'll consider that, but the k2500 comes with them flipped from the factory, going to run Moog's as well.

Just ordered the Bodylift:)

Sweet, put it on Bill me Later and it was approved - I know I'm a dummy...

ONly ordered it this quick as I'm going to have to torsien crank and body lift for these 37's it looks like I'm trading my 20" setup for:)