My Aftermarket Hazard Light Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
By aftermarket, I mean I broke it off.
Has anyone ever done this? I was removing the instrument bezel with a little to much gusto and I broke it off.

Now I am not looking for an in depth how to, I have barely looked into it. Just curious how I would attack this.

If anyone has a comment that would be great

sliggett

Reaction score
i think it's a part of your wiper/turn signal switch. you might be able to replace just the hazard button that's on it but i'm not sure.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it's a part of your wiper/turn signal switch. you might be able to replace just the hazard button that's on it but i'm not sure.

It's not. The hazard button is a separate switch on top of the steering column. And that is the nice thing about 95+ interiors, the switch is harder to break off lol.
I'll do some looking for you mj. See what i can find. I'd almost bet at least one or two other members on here have had the same problem and got it fixed. Hope you find a solution!

sliggett

Reaction score
i was talking about it all being on one unit like this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dire...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

but if you can get some pliers on it, you can pull the old hazzard button out and put a new one in. like someone did here (found this on a different forum)...
if you can get some pliers on it
You must be registered for see images attach

old hazard

new hazard

should be able to just put some dialectric grease on it and shove the new one in.

it's only like a $10 or $20 part.

if you can't get at it, then you'll have to replace that turn signal/wiper switch; which is not as easy and more expensive.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Nice, thank you sir! I don't know what I was thinking. I was just reefing on my dash and crack. I was tired.

Anyway, I will try and give it a whirl this weekend and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again!

jruiz

Reaction score
Where did you buy the aftermarket hazard light button ? I have searched many Chevy dealers, auto part stores and online and can't find anything besides the whole turn signal assembly which is $400+ Any help would be great thanks.

sliggett

Reaction score
Where did you buy the aftermarket hazard light button ? I have searched many Chevy dealers, auto part stores and online and can't find anything besides the whole turn signal assembly which is $400+ Any help would be great thanks.

GM Hazard switch repair Kit part # 15174447