my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well.. I sectioned out a half inch strip of the frame just above the tranny cross member, lifted the section and boxed it in.. now it lays frame completely. But, the leaf spring perch hits the bed floor!!! LMAO!!! It just does stop the rear from layen out, or... well... It did :) Since the floor is gone in that area, and its just the beds lower lip.. AND im raising the floor any how.. hehehe I just slammed the bish down really fast a few times. No more problem :) I need a new Y pipe since its kinda D shaped from being static and butchered up pretty bad.. Its been beat so bad it dont hang below the frame any, it actually just does touch the street when layed out.. I lowered it slow as hell to make sure its not being pushed up any. So for now, im good to lay :)

Heck yeah, I am looking forward to some flat out on the pavement pics!

Reaction score
Was going to take some, camera is dead.. Charging it now tho, i hope to get some at work tomorrow..

Last edited:

loweredd

Reaction score
That battery sure takes a LONG time to charge.............................:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Reaction score
lol, yeah.. I charged it all day yesterday so i could take some today. It kept drizzling off and on today. I did get to pick up some 2x2. Now im torn between either a tilt bed, or just a tilt floor... idunno

Reaction score
Thats what im thinking.. I love how the floor looks. If i come back a few inches from the front of the bed and hing it, it should swing up pretty easy. Its not really light, but its as heavy as an older style fiberglass bed cover.. So shouldnt be too bad. I plan to run the 2x2 on the very bottom outer edge of the floor, and it should rest center brace on the frame step.. and the rear on stilts to the 4x4 i have between the frame rails. It'll leave me a good sized storage area in the front bed.
What sux is i tacked the floor in :( lol... guess thats what cut off wheels are for :)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats what im thinking.. I love how the floor looks. If i come back a few inches from the front of the bed and hing it, it should swing up pretty easy. Its not really light, but its as heavy as an older style fiberglass bed cover.. So shouldnt be too bad. I plan to run the 2x2 on the very bottom outer edge of the floor, and it should rest center brace on the frame step.. and the rear on stilts to the 4x4 i have between the frame rails. It'll leave me a good sized storage area in the front bed.
What sux is i tacked the floor in :( lol... guess thats what cut off wheels are for :)
I like this idea, and just throw in some strong gas strut's to hold it open when you want and call it done!

Reaction score
Yeah, i found an article where a guy used some struts on the bed itself and it worked.. so just a floor should be a little easier. (i hope) lol...

And as i said a few days ago (sorry)... Some freaken PICS!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach