My 97 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably a little early to start this, but I'm bored at work so might as well. Found this 97 after I already bought a clean S10 to bag. The OBS fullsize has always been my favorite, so I sold the S10 to a friend and bought this truck, pretty clean with V6 and 130K on the ticker.

You must be registered for see images

Already pulled the AutoZone radio out and installed a new Alpine and found these 60/40 seats at Pull-A-Part for $50. They came out of an ext cab, test fit already revealed that modification will be needed to make fit.

Started ordering parts for it. I jumped on that last group buy MMW had and scored a set their jebus joint control arms. Got them powder coated charcoal grey and he is doing some personal engraving on the billet caps.(Will be shipping out this week) Also have the drop spindles, upper cups and shock relocators. Last week I ordered a set of Coy C-57's in 20x8.5 all around, still need to order tires for those.
So now I'm saving up for the parts to do the rear and thinking of the plan of action. I like the ease of the KP 6-link, but think it is a little overkill and not a big fan of seeing the rear bars showing through the wheel wells. So that leaves me Nfamus 3-link or Exstensive 2-link w/ panhard bar. I know not everyone is fan of the 2-link, but it works & gets the job done. I know friends and me can install either one of these, but still have to bring it to a shop to install the ride sensors for the E-level. So now my current shift of thinking is just to take all the parts to Nfamus and have them bag it with their rear kit and install the sensors. Enough talking, here is some motivation I got in my email on Monday!

Last edited:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
gonna be a sik ass build check out draggin95's shop severaly altered he is in AR and in an nfmous dealer. He also does top notch work! Dont hurt to get a price from him anyways since your planning on traveling anyways. i like all the renderings but maybe the 3rd one the best.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want your bed lol... I have the same truck and doing the same as you.. I'm doing my 3link now also going to use the accuair system.. the guys at Nfamus are some cool people I was up there Friday picking up my kit..

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
For some reason this one "speaks" to me. I am a huge fan of single color trucks tho. I personally feel it lets the truck and build quality shine thru. Either way your plans are awesome and I am sure it will be sick!

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gonna be a sik ass build check out draggin95's shop severaly altered he is in AR and in an nfmous dealer. He also does top notch work! Dont hurt to get a price from him anyways since your planning on traveling anyways. i like all the renderings but maybe the 3rd one the best.
Thanks. I seen where he said he was a dealer now and his build looks top notch. Will give him a call when it comes that time.

I want your bed lol... I have the same truck and doing the same as you.. I'm doing my 3link now also going to use the accuair system.. the guys at Nfamus are some cool people I was up there Friday picking up my kit..
Good luck with yours. They are some cool people, been talking with them a little through email.

For some reason this one "speaks" to me. I am a huge fan of single color trucks tho. I personally feel it lets the truck and build quality shine thru. Either way your plans are awesome and I am sure it will be sick!
Thanks. Right now #1 is my favorite, I've always liked two-tone trucks.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
#1 would look badass I would prob use a silver stripe to split the colors I think that would make a baig diff trust me. We shot the black and silver on mine yea it looked ok but so needed a break up color so red it was lol

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I vote #1 as well! or #3...not a fan of 2
#1 would look badass I would prob use a silver stripe to split the colors I think that would make a baig diff trust me. We shot the black and silver on mine yea it looked ok but so needed a break up color so red it was lol
I'm actually thinking about a red stripe. Think it would look sick against that purple and pick up on the red calipers!

I say #1... #2 is close to what I'm doing but with green on top an a dark gray on bottom..
I'm a big fan of green. Just think it faded away in that rendering against the purple/black and that bright blue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC