My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was me....I'd try and get the hidden areas done as good as possible, using it as practice for the areas that will be scene.
Practice makes perfect.
Fair point. I can definitely use the practice! I have a few other spots to practice on, too. Inner door panels, door sills, even the inside of the bed, since it's getting a liner.
Thanks!

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paint touched up and box installed.
Picked the box off the bike stands with the winch and chains to stakes in the corner pockets
You must be registered for see images attach

Backed the truck three-quarters of the way under the box, then slid the hoist on the track until it basically lined up

Sat the box down, threw a few bolts in it, and got the fuel filler neck installed.

Need to shuffle it around a little and get the rest of the bolts in.
It's amazing how much more finished it feels just having these two halves back together.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love this build, and that shop.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the backstory on those 3+1 rear leafs? I've been seeing them throughout your build, but had assumed they were on there to knock a few inches off the rear and soften up the ride a bit. But it doesn't look like that is the case unless it's a camera angle thang.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking, what is the backstory on those 3+1 rear leafs? I've been seeing them throughout your build, but had assumed they were on there to knock a few inches off the rear and soften up the ride a bit. But it doesn't look like that is the case unless it's a camera angle thang.
That's the standard leaf pack for a 2WD truck, that's what is under my '89 2WD.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks!
Based on the rust, I'm pretty sure they're the original leafs. I just cleaned them, painted and repacked them.

Also, the rake is off right now. I have to shim the cab to square it up a little better, and I haven't tightened down the suspension yet. So the height of the rear appears a little higher than it should be.

Last edited:

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent part of the long weekend finishing the body adjustments. Got the body lines tracking properly now.

I had to shim the back of the cab up by putting a 1/4" plate between the cab and the cab mount. Between my replacement floor pan and new frame bracket, I was a little off with my fitment.

Got it all sorted out in the end.

Also swapped in some new headlight lenses, the old ones were pretty tired and the adjusters were seized. Plus playing with bumper alignment.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sanding and paint prep on the hood and doors.

This stand is normally for moving sheets of glass, but it worked well for standing the doors up to work on them vertically. Also it allowed the water to drain out the bottom.

Hung the doors to make painting easier. The first two coats of primer came out nicely. I'll be finish coating the inside of the doors tomorrow so they can be reassembled.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sanding and paint prep on the hood and doors.

This stand is normally for moving sheets of glass, but it worked well for standing the doors up to work on them vertically. Also it allowed the water to drain out the bottom.

Hung the doors to make painting easier. The first two coats of primer came out nicely. I'll be finish coating the inside of the doors tomorrow so they can be reassembled.
Better hurry up and get some color on there.... before you get a "smoke effect" from all the forest fires that are going to start soon!!! Lol

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Better hurry up and get some color on there.... before you get a "smoke effect" from all the forest fires that are going to start soon!!! Lol
Don't see too many fires near me, luckily. Last year I think we had maybe two smokey weekends. Although a smoke effect might work if I paint some flames on the fenders lol