my 93 sierra 1500 sle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
okay , so i went ahead and painted it and got it on.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Thanks man!

It wasn't that difficult, I just made sure i sanded some nice grooves into it so the paint would have something to grab onto. I was going to peel the chrome off but decided not to. SO, up close you can see some imperfections lol. but i think its better than the ugly gray/chrome.

unfortunately , I have struck a coolant leak. I can't pin point where. It will leak while running, but only when it wants to , so maybe once every 3 or 4 times its driven.
It will drip under the truck in multiple places. driver side of rad, passenger side of rad, and it drips off the skid plate that goes under the rad. The oil cooler/trans cooler lines (ones on driver side of rad) are wet, but its oil , not coolant. the plastic fins on that side of the rad get wet.

I took the skid plate off just now and the only thing i can see that is wet , are those cooler lines!

It doesn't overheat , and the coolant levels don't drop at all (except reservoir , but only when it leaks).

Reaction score
i replaced the rear diff oil today. cleaned mating surfaces , rtv - gasket- rtv , then 30ft lbs tq. then 3 qts of 80w90 GL5. no leaks so far.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the radiator is seeping out of the end tanks? Had a Cadillac that leaked out of those only when it was running, found it by the white trail of coolant left behind after a while.

I like the color matched grille.

Reaction score
It's not leaking from the end tanks from what I can see. It leaks on the bottom somewhere, I had the hood open and was watching as i revved , and it got a small puddle on the lower fan shroud after a few seconds. I just let it spew a few times , and it hasn't done it since. I was tired of putting coolant in it , so I just let it go , and it stopped leaking on its own. - It's not overheating either. I assume it just needs a rad.

Thanks , I like it too. I didn't know how it was gunna turn out , but its halfway decent lol

Big RED Burban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
great lookin truck man extended cab long bed are the best, I'm cleaning sludge out of the lifter valley in my 95 eclb now any tips tips you can give me also did you get it spotless or did you just scoop the major gunk out

Reaction score
sorry for such a late reply. But thank you , I agree.

As far as cleaning the sludge, I just got all that I could get out major, and sprayed brake clean on a towel and wiped it out.

Reaction score
Radiator needs replaced, I have gotten a used radiator(~6MO) from a friend who was parting out his OBS. But now I have a hefty oil leak. Its about 2.5qts a week maybe more... only leaks while running. I'm thinking Rear Main , or the oil filter adapter gasket.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the oil pressure sensor right behind the distributer... they can cause a rather large oil leak when they go....

sent from what use to be a great country...