my 93 sierra 1500 sle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm currently doing some decent work to the truck. My gas tank would leak, and i just never over filled it to prevent that. Then my fuel pump went out. So, I have the bed off and I've replaced the tank as well as pump/sending unit.

I also bought a flowmaster super 10 3" in dual 2.5" out. Come to find out my stock pipe is 2.5" , so I welded a 2 3/4" adapter to the muffler then to the stock pipe.

Also I'm going to take care of my oil leak which I suspect to be my oil filter adapter gasket(s) or my sending unit. I will upload pics as I finish up..

Reaction score
Having issues with the oil cooler "quick dis-connect" fittings... they ain't dis-connecting quick enough! Anyways, I finished installing the gas tank and fuel pump and she fired right up.

Then I started in on the oil leak... will report back once she's no longer leaking oil.I might just get 3/8" npt barbed fittings and run those with some hose to the aluminum lines and secure with two hose clamps on each end if I cannot get the lines to dis-connect.

Reaction score
White Thunder is dead...

Dad was using the truck as a means of transportation. He had parked it at work. While at work, a group of 5 very old foreigners crashed into it and well totaled it. Not only were they not insured, they didn't even have licenses. I hoped that just the cab had been damaged, but when I got to see it in person it was very clear that the frame has been twisted something fierce. So, unfortunately my hopes of just doing a cab swap were destroyed. That is very sad, considering the fact that this truck is very "RARE". That is being that it is titled as a 1500, but is a "heavy half", meaning that it has 3/4 ton 4x4 axles(14 bolt SF GT4 G80 3.73), engine, HD 4l60e, HD frame, but it was a sierra SLE so it had power locks, windows, a/c, cassette/equalizer radio. Luckily, the bed, engine, transmission, etc. were unharmed. So I have been on a mission to find another ECLB that would serve as White Thunders new body. I will post the RPO codes from white thunder for reference later.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
After about 8 months I found White Thunders new body

White Thunder is a 1993, the body I found is a 1990 Chevrolet Scottsdale. So far I have deemed it The Big Blue Turd, my girl calls it Huckleberry Hound. I will leave that to you folks to decide...
I just got The Big Blue Turd on 2/27/19. It's a true 2500, bearing 8 lug axles, however they are also 3.73 and the rear a 14 bolt SF. This truck also had a 350 TBI in it, which I scored with it, it even came with a set of headers!!! I will most likely take the engine from this and mate it to White Thunders transmission and transfer case to move it around. I plan on building White Thunders 350 in time, as either a 355 or a 383 stroker. The 4l60e will also be getting built so it will be up to the task of hauling say a trailer with a car on it or truck on it. The transmission is gone from Blue, I assume it was a 700R4 being that 4l60Es weren't put in these until 1993. But that should not be an issue as I can transplant the wiring harness and PCM from one to the other. I plan on using all parts from White Thunder that I can as it was my Grandfathers and want it to live on. It would be killer if the 6 Lug axles and hubs interchange. I will figure that out as I go. Thank you for reading. - JFISHTHECREATOR

Reaction score
PROGRESS

Today I pulled the engine from the Big Blue Turd. Look at the shortys I scored! I also got the whole front clip on White Thunder removed (fenders outer and inner, hood, grille, bumper, core support). I also got all of the wiring removed from White Thunder in one piece so i can use it in the Big Blue Turd. Next move is gonna be removing the front clip from the Big Blue Turd so its easier to slide the trans, transfer case, and engine in from White Thunder. I will also be replacing fuel lines and brake lines if they are rotted.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am glad that White Thunder is going to live on! Sorry about that accident. What a terrible thing for those people to do. GLad no one was hurt atleast.