My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No sir, the BBQ454 was sold, the black 454 in the body shop was purchased from a member on 454ss.com. BBQ454 is being turned into a all out drag truck.

Only usable thing in the entire truck was the box, rear end and trans ,...
and...and...
THE SEAT FRAMES!!!

What year was the BBQ'd truck?
'90 - '91 I believe, have the backrests with the larger side bolsters. I may be wrong.
If they are not wanted, and that's the style of seat that was in it...
Have they been thrown out, yet? If not, do you have access to them? Would they be available to purchase?
I've seen the pix, but dang, this thread is over 40 pages!

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and...and...
THE SEAT FRAMES!!!

What year was the BBQ'd truck?
'90 - '91 I believe, have the backrests with the larger side bolsters. I may be wrong.
If they are not wanted, and that's the style of seat that was in it...
Have they been thrown out, yet? If not, do you have access to them? Would they be available to purchase?
I've seen the pix, but dang, this thread is over 40 pages!
Gabe from Gabes interior shop (yes I know its on t.v.) is the one that bought BBQ454. If he hasnt thrown them out I will call him and ask, Im sure by now he has the rear end out too. And I have to pick that up.

But from Cali to Canada for some burned up seat frames? You sure?

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

More to come.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Gabe from Gabes interior shop (yes I know its on t.v.) is the one that bought BBQ454. If he hasnt thrown them out I will call him and ask, Im sure by now he has the rear end out too. And I have to pick that up.

But from Cali to Canada for some burned up seat frames? You sure?

Didn't Gabe used to do a bunch of work for Boyd?

As far as the frames go, it would be darn near impossible to find any, other than from a wreck. Those trucks are fairly rare in the States, try finding original parts here in the Great White North!
I'm not worried about the tracks, the foam, or any of the fabric. Wouldn't be very heavy for shipping, just bulky.
If I can get a set of frames, I think I know someone than can do a fairly competent job of re-covering them! Not that they would be in the original design. Close, maybe, but slightly redesigned. That, plus some electric lumbar supprts, heaters, & massagers. On electric tracks. Covered in some nice Scottish leather, (THE finest! It's like butter!) that's just literally hanging around.
I have a mailing addy, just across the border. That might help.

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only '90 454 SS's came with black center caps. 91-93 had the chrome ones. The black ones are prone to warping from the sun reflecting off of the rim and melting the plastic.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't Gabe used to do a bunch of work for Boyd?

As far as the frames go, it would be darn near impossible to find any, other than from a wreck. Those trucks are fairly rare in the States, try finding original parts here in the Great White North!
Yes Gabe did work for Boyd, he does work for Foose and a few others. I will ask him if he still has them, thats all I can do for you.