My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im trading out the white 454 for it, as a DD. Like I was saying though, it has the take off of a old lady. Im not sure if I will ever do anything to it other then oil changes. As long as its wheels turn I will drive it. The color turns the wife on, its the first red car we have owned since the late 70's. We had matching Opel GT's.

I still have not decided on a motor for the black 454. but the trans is done.

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes a tune will make a night and day difference in these newer truck's!
Maybe the next owner will get to do that, but to me it was a cool idea to have it, but I would trade the Benz back for it in a second. So I could trade the Benz off for something I liked.

Owning it is like owning a standard 1/2 GMT400 with a 350, Im just not impressed.

No offense meant to any of the 350 brothern, Im just saying for all the hype, this truck is not that impressive. Could have built a 350 with more power.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Im trading out the white 454 for it, as a DD. Like I was saying though, it has the take off of a old lady. Im not sure if I will ever do anything to it other then oil changes. As long as its wheels turn I will drive it. The color turns the wife on, its the first red car we have owned since the late 70's. We had matching Opel GT's.

I still have not decided on a motor for the black 454. but the trans is done.

502 Crate !!!

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
502 Crate !!!
I have thought about it for sure, but its always nice to tell people you balanced and ported it while watching old re-runs of Archie Bunker.

Also nothing like knowing if every nut and bolt is in its proper place.

I have literally stopped a entire project just because I did not have the right bolt. lol.

The Chevy's are a totally new dog to me, however I have owned Chevys for years. You know I knew the basics, one wire h.e.i.'s and carbs, the simple Chevy stuff.

Im learning though.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the next owner will get to do that, but to me it was a cool idea to have it, but I would trade the Benz back for it in a second. So I could trade the Benz off for something I liked.

Owning it is like owning a standard 1/2 GMT400 with a 350, Im just not impressed.

No offense meant to any of the 350 brothern, Im just saying for all the hype, this truck is not that impressive. Could have built a 350 with more power.

Keep in mind a SIlverado SS is a heavy vehicle and it's AWD too? I think they were all AWD.

There are a few of them around here running low 12's/high 11's with bolt ons/motor never touched inside. A tune will definetely wake it up.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Keep in mind a SIlverado SS is a heavy vehicle and it's AWD too? I think they were all AWD.

There are a few of them around here running low 12's/high 11's with bolt ons/motor never touched inside. A tune will definetely wake it up.

The last couple years they made (05-06iirc ) they were offered in rwd , they weren't any faster but you could do smokey burnouts :evil:

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the thing is, it just seems like its not got a jet take off feeling, until about 25-30mph, then it pulls hard. But it seems like a snail off the line. And again, Im only going to use it for a DD. I may never even spin the tires. I just dont drive like that......

Well in that truck anyway.

Many a time the White truck couldnt be seen thru the cloud of smoke. But now she has alot of new things, Im not trying to ruin the work I have put into it or the other 454 Im working on.

But the 107 Chassis Benz I am working on now, should be almost undrivable when its finished.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Many a time the White truck couldnt be seen thru the cloud of smoke. But now she has alot of new things, Im not trying to ruin the work I have put into it or the other 454 Im working on.

Using perceived context in your above phrase, I try to RUIN my 454SS every time I drive it. :D