My 454 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd reuse your stock cam. Spend the leftover money on taking your significant other on a date in case they find out how much money you spent on the engine rebuild. That reminds me, I need to buy my wife some flowers before I take my block and heads to the machine shop.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd reuse your stock cam. Spend the leftover money on taking your significant other on a date in case they find out how much money you spent on the engine rebuild. That reminds me, I need to buy my wife some flowers before I take my block and heads to the machine shop.
Oh, she don't care. It's money I have been saving all summer.
Got about a month before i need to get it together and put in so i still have time to look for a cam

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the opinion on this cam?
That one would not be recommended for efi with 110 LSA.
Seen someone else post about reground cam by Delta Camshaft in Tacoma.
Or at that price range, get one ordered for your engine specifically. My cam was $450, and it was more or less selected for the overall set up

Edit: ignore 110 part, just comp cam states not recommended.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That one would not be recommended for efi with 110 LSA.
Seen someone else post about reground cam by Delta Camshaft in Tacoma.
Or at that price range, get one ordered for your engine specifically. My cam was $450, and it was more or less selected for the overall set up

False. A 110 LSA is anything but a deal breaker, my 1500 has a 109 LSA and stock for it was 111. There's more to a cam than LSA alone.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
False. A 110 LSA is anything but a deal breaker, my 1500 has a 109 LSA and stock for it was 111. There's more to a cam than LSA alone.
My 383 in the van has a 108 LSA. Any cam change needs tuning anyway, might as well get something on a tighter LSA that will help add low speed torque.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a lot more to cams than duration or LSA. It's more about valve timing. An earlier intake close will help build cylinder pressure a later close will help bleed some off for a higher compression ratio, small duration on a tight LSA helps scavenging, increase the duration and you get overlap on the same LSA.
For the gm performance parts cams,
The one desktop Dyno likes the best for a truck rpm range is 211/230 @ .050
.510 .540 112 LSA. Fwiw shows 50 ft lb increase over stock for the entire rpm range with stock L29 port flow numbers has a pretty flat torque curve and about 70 hp over stock. HP looks flat from 4500-5000.

There also is a seller on eBay that does Custom l29 cams for marine.
Laboatparts.

Delta said they are out of cores, and can't grind a 110 on a stock core. Said you have to start out with a cam that's close to 110 to begin with.

Hope that helps.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Comp cam did not recommend that cam for efi applications, and that was just single component that I seen might have been the reason. Was wrong to try and pick out something out of it just based on their statement

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call your cam company and ask them. Their advice will be more reliable than letting the internet pick for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDont