My 1999 C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the truck I just bought. I bought it as a running truck, but the seller was less than honest. Turns out that it had two cracked heads and a really bad intake manifold leak. He did a very good job concealing these issues, because it ran pretty good when I bought it. Well I'm taking the engine out and replacing it with a new one, well a reman anyway. Interior is in pretty good shape, as well as the body.

You must be registered for see images attach

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the intake when I took it off.

Here is the valley area

valve covers

Cylinders. Notice the water ports are completely rusted. I had to poke with a screwdriver because I couldnt get it out with my fingers. #8 had water, look how clean the piston is.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nasty.

Someone has some bad karma coming their way....

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( sad face..

on the other hand.. its probably better that it a complete fail instead of just a lemon with problem after problem

and it leaves for a nice blank canvas :)

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
look on the bright side the rings do not need replaced the rings in #8! All joking aside that sucks! It does look like the body is really nice and if you get a decent motor in there you will have a serious truck. have you thought of an LS swap?