My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
wow I really missed this thread hey nice work and great looking truck :waytogo:

Sent from my static android

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The mirrors are amazing and I love them. They help out way more when towing with that work trailer and with our camper too. I got the fender flares on craigslist while on vacation over the summer brand new in the box and I love them. I really want to put some cab lights just cant get myself to do it!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice truck!! I def want to eventually rock a bumper like that on my Diesel. AM92 designed one for me on solid works. i just need to put together the $$ to have it built by my buddy.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Thanks Darkrider I got really lucky one day at on of the junk yards in El Paso about an hour away. They were on an obs Suburban that actually had the 6.5 diesel engine in it. I dont know if the previous owner had made them or what but I have never been able to find any that look like either the front or back. I like it because it isnt massive like some of the other ones you see and it doesnt stick out crazy far but it is still extremely heavy!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks Darkrider I got really lucky one day at on of the junk yards in El Paso about an hour away. They were on an obs Suburban that actually had the 6.5 diesel engine in it. I dont know if the previous owner had made them or what but I have never been able to find any that look like either the front or back. I like it because it isnt massive like some of the other ones you see and it doesnt stick out crazy far but it is still extremely heavy!

I was hoping that was why I was seeing what looked like diesel cooling holes. If you get some time could you get some closer shots of the bumpers from each side and directly in front and above?

Sent from the 'Ho Train powered by Detroit Diesel

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You got your self a sweet truck there man! I really like the flow of the white with black accents... plus adding the black rims really made it look awesome! soemthing about a 4 inch lift on these trucks look awesome, i fine its just perfect! Looks mean! And one more thing, Come on! Through those cab lights on!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I was hoping that was why I was seeing what looked like diesel cooling holes. If you get some time could you get some closer shots of the bumpers from each side and directly in front and above?

Sent from the 'Ho Train powered by Detroit Diesel

No problem I will take some later today for you!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
You got your self a sweet truck there man! I really like the flow of the white with black accents... plus adding the black rims really made it look awesome! soemthing about a 4 inch lift on these trucks look awesome, i fine its just perfect! Looks mean! And one more thing, Come on! Through those cab lights on!

Thank you sir! I like yours too! I think it looks perfect as well. I want to really bad I just dont know which ones are good and I dont know about drilling the holes! I'm also wouldnt know what to do with the wiring???