My 1990 Sport truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went through your thread also, truck is looking amazing... I'm digging the console looks like it belongs there. Great work. Keep us posted with plenty of pics...:)

Will do and thanks on the compliments I appreciate it knowbody but us GMT400 owners know how much work it takes to keep these truck looking good and running good on the road!! More modification pics coming soon next is a 2/4 drop and 91 gauges with Tach swap out of my moonies!!! Stay tuned!!!

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went through your thread also, truck is looking amazing... I'm digging the console looks like it belongs there. Great work. Keep us posted with plenty of pics...:)

Thanks I like that console also I am thinking of leaving it in after I match the paint close enough.

Here are some more pics of my LED moonie gauges but these will be coming out and I will install 91 w/tach gauges as soon as I have time to tear it down and change some wires to get the gauge to read my 90!!!

Blue LED's in my moonies!!! FTW

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Very nice truck man! Its seeing builds like this that have me seriously rethinking the idea of changing out the factory radio from my truck. Seeing how good they look in a clean truck...makes it difficult to want to take it out to replace with a CD player lol.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice truck man! Its seeing builds like this that have me seriously rethinking the idea of changing out the factory radio from my truck. Seeing how good they look in a clean truck...makes it difficult to want to take it out to replace with a CD player lol.

Thanks Darkrider when I got the truck it had an aftermarket radio but when I started the build I had a factory radio sitting around in my garage so I installed that and yeah they do make a difference I am going to rock the factory unit until it won't work anymore and maybe just maybe put back the after market radio back in I still have the aftermarket piece that converts it back to after market from factory EQ.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate that and I love the raised letter look also and It does give it that old hot rod feel!!!! The exhaust makes it even sound like and old 60's era muscle car !!! I also put blue LED's in the moonie gauges that came out bad ass too!!! But I will be adding a set of 91 needle gauges with Tach to this truck I found one at a local junk yard that I got for a good price. I've been reading on this and different forums that all I have to do is change 3 wires or so and it will work like if it were factory can't wait to do that!!! I will be posting pics of that also.

Are you putting gauges that the tach is in it? or you putting an aftermarket tach ? i think you should make a CLEAR write up on it.. id like to put a 93 style needle gauge, i like the tach, but i want to keep the stock one.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just got my 91 needle gauge cluster with tach back from my friend, who did the soldering in of the dip switch in which helps in calibrating the speedometer correctly. I got this gauge cluster from a local junk yard who was about to make the 91 chevy truck it was in, into a compact truck by crushing it!!! So I saved it for a mere $40.00!! Sorry my buddy didn't take pics of the cluster while taking it apart he didn't have time to. I will need to move 3 or so wires around to still make this work so I am hoping this will be installed this weekend hopefully!!! Here are some pics of the front and back!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975