My 1990 K2500 F44 "The Green *******"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Alright, it's about all the way torn down. For the life of me I couldn't get the torsion bars to budge so those will be a paint in the vehicle as is along with the LCA's. Next step is to bag off everything that isn't the underside of the frame. I por-15 the inside (motor side) and top of the rails when I had the engine out. Then it's degreasing, wire brush, wash and starting the por-15 process. Years ago I did the pass side in bed line so I'm unsure how I want to approach that. I may lightly sand it down and just top coat it with chassis black like I intend to do with everything else that's por-15. I will note the other things I need to do yet is take the LCA bushings and balljoints out, Take the front skid plate off along with the tow hooks. I plan on buying a can of Eastwood internal frame coating, and coating the front rails and the inside of the front cross member. Also got the 2006 Silverado master cylinder in. Hope it works well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Just finished replacing an f44 frame and some new 3.73 axles. It wasn't that bad.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
News on the front diff from my co worker.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Doing a tear down on my old axle to see how it was looking inside. Unfortunately I tweaked my back and I can't even pick it up now :-(

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to being old. It doesn't get any better. I thought I'd pissed mine off yesterday doing balljoints but it calmed down as soon as I was done. Lucky.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
My diffs passenger axle shaft hot fubar'd on removal of the gear, so the ol '93 1500 came in for parts duty. Didn't even drop the diff out of the truck to get it out. All you need to do is take the tire off, CV axle out, cut the rusted out shock off, cut sway bar link off, and cut sway bar in half. Which is hollow btw. And dropping the pass side mounts. Then it comes right out, and could be done a more least destructive way if needed.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
In other news. Cleaned, primed and painted the brake brackets, and did the RWAL delete. The NBS master for 06 is way wrong and didn't wanna dick around with a 01 master. So I got the 42 dollar reman obs one. "Bench" bleed the master in the truck.

Last edited: