muncie 4 speed into 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyjack

Reaction score
Have a 95 with 305 and 5 speed. Found a deal for a rebuilt 350 and Muncie 4 speed out of a corvette. What modifications to drive shaft, trans tunnel, ect would I need to make. its ext cab short bed?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
With a ext cab truck and a tall Muncie first gear you're not likely to have a good time either.

Which Muncie is it?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Don't do it. Why anyone would want to lose overdrive on a street vehicle is beyond me. I've got a '88 with a four speed (SM465) and it sucks. 4.10's + 1.00:1 gearing = 3000rpm @ ~60mph

chevyjack

Reaction score
It would be M20. I already have a daily that I use. This one would be to just pull the boat, haul firewood

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
What's wrong with the engine and trans in the current truck? I personally wouldn't buy anything labeled as "rebuilt" unless it came from a credible place with paperwork to prove it. Could just be buying a timebomb. Just my two cents.
Also sounds like if you went with that engine & trans you'd be throwing away the nice turnkey EFI engine & hydraulic clutch set-up.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hmm. What about going to a yard to pull an LO5 with a five speed attached to it? Would be a direct swap if you also swapped prom chips.