MPG after ultimate TBI mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the process of doing the ultimate TBI mods to a spare TBI unit I have, besides the ultimate TBI mods (knocking the horns down and smoothing the edge) rebuliding it along with cleaned and flow matched injectors, 1/4 pod spacer, I have the Jegs air flow enhancer too had that on for awhile, after the mods did you has mileage go up or down? If you drive it normal lolz debating this with a mechanic that says it wont work, I know it does cause many people have

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

71red

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing the ultimate TBI mods to a spare TBI unit I have, besides the ultimate TBI mods (knocking the horns down and smoothing the edge) rebuliding it along with cleaned and flow matched injectors, 1/4 pod spacer, I have the Jegs air flow enhancer too had that on for awhile, after the mods did you has mileage go up or down? If you drive it normal lolz debating this with a mechanic that says it wont work, I know it does cause many people have

BUMP....ttt

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should see a slight increase but no decrease, may need to bump the fuel pressure to accomodate the increase in air flow, easiest way is to throw a quarter under the fuel PSI regulator

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You should see a slight increase but no decrease, may need to bump the fuel pressure to accomodate the increase in air flow, easiest way is to throw a quarter under the fuel PSI regulator

I tried adjusting the spring cup itself. Same concept of the quarter, made my truck run like ****. Put it back to stock, new spring, new diaphragm, ran alot better.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the mods and rebuilt it didn't touch the fuel pressure runs fine and got a slight increase in gas mileage

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried adjusting the spring cup itself. Same concept of the quarter, made my truck run like ****. Put it back to stock, new spring, new diaphragm, ran alot better.

No idea how that would work, I am not sure why you wouldn't just put a quarter in to compress the spring a tiny bit more.

I did the mods and rebuilt it didn't touch the fuel pressure runs fine and got a slight increase in gas mileage

That is normal, factory psi spec is 9-12, most are low though and 12 is really a good pressure for the mods stated.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
No idea how that would work, I am not sure why you wouldn't just put a quarter in to compress the spring a tiny bit more.

That is normal, factory psi spec is 9-12, most are low though and 12 is really a good pressure for the mods stated.

Stuck a flathead into the bottom of the spring cup and was able to turn the screw to up the spring tension. I was careful to do it only about as much as a quarter would, because at the time I didn't have a quarter and was pretty exited that my regulator wasn't blocked off properly, effectively making it adjustable.