Motor swap now no spark.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colton_HD

Reaction score
Last week I preformed a motor swap. Pull a v6 outa 97 and a v8 outa a 96. Put the v6 in the 96 now I have no spark. I litterly have checked every thing know now I'm at a lost.

I really need to get this thing running by Monday. I pulled the entire harness with each motor. Any body done this one and can help me out????? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Big Block iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
make sure all the plugs for the harness are together tight,I went thru this on a 97 f350 with a powerstroke I got asked to finish a half done motor replacement that a guy backed out on finishing.Motor was in had to lift it back up to replace oil pan and got it all buttoned up and could not get it to start ended up 2 days into trying to figure out why and found the main harness plug wasnt fully connected at the cab had enuff of a connection for it to spin over but wasnt engaging the lift pump or glowplugs ect

Colton_HD

Reaction score
So far I'm not getting anything to the coil I've checked everything I brew to know more why there isn't spark then that I need to double check. If you get what I mean

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
You said it was a switch from manual to auto trans (or vice versa). Is the computer looking for a signal from a clutch switch or neutral safety switch that isn't there? This is probably way off, but a thought.

Colton_HD

Reaction score
No both was autos but the v6 had a green wire pines for a Manuel and not a yello for auto. But I was also looking at a pin out for a v8 so I'm not sure if it's the same