No spark after v8 swap!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GovtCheck

Reaction score
This has been mentioned in several other forums but still no solution. I own a 1996 c1500 4.3. Donor vehicle was 1998 Tahoe. Both running vehicles. I removed transmission, engine and engine harness from 1998 Tahoe for the swap. I can crank the vehicle all day, I have spark at the coil but not at the plug. I know the c200 connectors are different. The 1998 connector has an ecm ground as well. I’m thinking this is my no spark issue but am needing a pin out for the 1996 connector. Not really sure if it’s even a c200 like it is on the 1998. A few wires are the same color but don’t really want to melt anything in the process. Any help is appreciated.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can crank the vehicle all day, I have spark at the coil but not at the plug.
Failed coil wire, failed rotor, failed distributor cap, failed plug wire(s), fouled plugs.

I know the c200 connectors are different. The 1998 connector has an ecm ground as well. I’m thinking this is my no spark issue but am needing a pin out for the 1996 connector. Not really sure if it’s even a c200 like it is on the 1998. A few wires are the same color but don’t really want to melt anything in the process. Any help is appreciated.
IF you have spark at the coil, but not at the plug end of the spark plug wires, you don't have a problem with C200, you have a problem with the secondary ignition circuit as listed above.

weshunt123

Reaction score
The tach wire where it comes through the firewall is in a different location. On the v6 firewall plug the tach wire is a sir ground. So when you plug in the new v8 harness into the v6 bulkhead plug on the driver side firewall you will always get a no start situation happened to me on a v6 to v8 swap. I also lost my tach on my v8 truck when I used the v6 engine harness to build my ls swap harness took me almost to months to figure out why my tach would not work. lol.

Augusto

Reaction score
your problem sounds like you forgot to install the rotor in the distribuitor, or maybe it has failed, is discharging to the shaft, or maybe the cable from the coil to the distribuitor, or even the spark plug wires, 'cmon this is just a common sense troubleshoot.