Motor mischief's sierra build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thought id show my truck off a little bit and keep the forum posted on how its coming along. I bought the truck less than a year ago, its a 1995 c sierra tiara motor coach conversion. I bought it with the engine having had already had some work done to it. I know for sure its camed, has roller rockers and a high volume oil pump. The engine has around 75k on it. I just put in a rebuilt 4l60e with a corvette servo spring. Ive replaced every ignition component, im running ngk g power plugs. Accel distributor, blue streak cap and rotor, taylor wires, an accel coil, amd ive also replaced the ignition switch and cylinder. Im replacing the tank and pump soon, and i just got stainless steel fuel lines in the mail yesterday.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Absolutly! Im not sure how i forgot!
You must be registered for see images attach

Ah, TBI motor, less cluttered engine compartment! The vortec trucks have that big air box that's always in the way LOL. Looks like a nice truck!

Reaction score
Thank you! Im restoring it as i drive it. Before winter i plan on patching up the body, ive got a guy who can air brush the graphics back on when i paint it. I plan on a dark red with metal flake and making the graphic dark grey and black, also plan on putting two black stripes up the hood, roof, and down the tailgate outlined by dark grey pin stripes. When i replace the fenders i will buy chrome inner fenders.

Reaction score
New tank here i pulled out of a buddys parts truck, it and the pump are only a year old. Ive coated it in rustolium cold galvanising spray and a couple layers of ultra lite, shouldnt ever rust. This amd my new stainless lines are going into the truck tonight.

Reaction score
Just replaced the distributor with out from my parts silverado for now, eventually plan on buying an msd, done with accel. Blue streak cap and rotor are still doing good!

Reaction score
Still not running right, at this point im thinking the issue is the timing chain or maybe a valve that isnt sealing correctly. Will be getting a compression test soon but i plan on putting a new cam in (not sure what one yet), using a cloyes double timing chain, vortec heads, long tube headers and duals with either and x pipe or an h pipe. The cam i use depends on weather or not i can figure out how to play with the ecu and make it happy.

Reaction score
Just got my vortec heads, i bought a vortec 5.7 for 75 bucks. No cracks, engine burnt a hell of a lot of oil but if the valve seals are bad no big deal because im having them redone anyway. Probably going to save the block and have it redone at some point because i had the crazy idea of building up a stroker to drop in in the future. I figure may as well be a vortec because i know it is provisioned for a roller cam and everything. This opportunity helped my budget out quite a bit, so i should be able to get my exhaust done and a decent set of long tube headers... Good riddance to the junk headers i have whos bolts poked into the water jacket in two places. Thanks previous owner!