More Mpg with a tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it. I've never seen anyone say their gas mileage got better after a tune.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me neither. But when has anyone ever tried to tune a TBI strictly for mileage lol. Usually it's cam, heads, intake, big tires, 500lb front bumper, fat girl in the back, and wot everywhere.

:lol: Very true.

My Vortec V6 truck lost a couple MPGs after I got it tuned by Black Bear, but nothing worth complaining about.

I'd imagine that the factory tune is about as hyper-miled as you can get, though. I doubt you could lean it out much more than GM already has.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I used to have a Dakota and had a superchips tuner that had a "mileage" tune. I tried it once for sh1ts and giggles and honestly it made the truck such a dog that my mileage actually got worse because I had to constantly floor it to go anywhere. My truck now? I don't give a rats a$$ about what mileage it gets. It's a full size truck. Whether it gets 12 or 14 makes no difference to me. If I was that worried about getting better mileage, I'd get rid of it and get something smaller.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
considering theres no "tuner" for tbi available on the market, and likely wont be id say thats a no from me dawg. only want to "tune" TBI is a good ol cable and laptop