Misfortune always hits at the worse time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisahrens1

Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member I guess for a few months and haven’t had the time to say hello. My name is Chris my friends call Bruhman. I have a 1990 Chevy C1500 Sport. Mine looks much like the SS. I have a 4-6 modified drop with 388 stroker in it. It has a 150 shot of nitrous on it just in case the motor can’t get the job done. Puts out 550 hp NA 700 on spray. It’s a street truck. I’ll play around in the street but don’t go to the strip very often. It’s fast but I don’t want to know how fast. That’s not what my truck is all about. It was built for pleasure not for racing. Although it can haul the mail when you want it to.
I just moved back to Louisiana from Colorado and I stored all my belongings in my parents shed until I found my own place. I’m currently rebuilding the truck. That pic is a little old. So I was buying parts storing them in the shed along with all my other stuff and some how the shed burned down a couple months ago and I lost everything I own. All the parts my tools and everything you would have in your home to live. It was all gone in 20 min. It’s a hard pill to swallow. But hey I have to look on the bright side. I’m still somewhat young I can rebuild. Nobody was injured it’s just going to a while to get back in my truck. My truck didn’t burn thank God. But all the brand new parts did and all my tools I’ve collected over the past 30 years as a mechanic. I just hope none of you ever have to experience something like this. I would know exactly how you feel.
Well y’all it’s great to get discuss things with you all and I hope from here on out I’ll have better conversation to bring to the forum. You guys have a great day and I’ll be talking with some of you soon!
You must be registered for see images attach

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member I guess for a few months and haven’t had the time to say hello. My name is Chris my friends call Bruhman. I have a 1990 Chevy C1500 Sport. Mine looks much like the SS. I have a 4-6 modified drop with 388 stroker in it. It has a 150 shot of nitrous on it just in case the motor can’t get the job done. Puts out 550 hp NA 700 on spray. It’s a street truck. I’ll play around in the street but don’t go to the strip very often. It’s fast but I don’t want to know how fast. That’s not what my truck is all about. It was built for pleasure not for racing. Although it can haul the mail when you want it to.
I just moved back to Louisiana from Colorado and I stored all my belongings in my parents shed until I found my own place. I’m currently rebuilding the truck. That pic is a little old. So I was buying parts storing them in the shed along with all my other stuff and some how the shed burned down a couple months ago and I lost everything I own. All the parts my tools and everything you would have in your home to live. It was all gone in 20 min. It’s a hard pill to swallow. But hey I have to look on the bright side. I’m still somewhat young I can rebuild. Nobody was injured it’s just going to a while to get back in my truck. My truck didn’t burn thank God. But all the brand new parts did and all my tools I’ve collected over the past 30 years as a mechanic. I just hope none of you ever have to experience something like this. I would know exactly how you feel.
Well y’all it’s great to get discuss things with you all and I hope from here on out I’ll have better conversation to bring to the forum. You guys have a great day and I’ll be talking with some of you soon!
Man, that sucks, I had something similar happen in January when the body shop I worked for burned down.

I lost all my tools as well (which wasn't much since I'm only 22). Also the insurance company screwed me only giving me $400 for my nearly 5k in tools.

Not the end of the world though, I 've been slowly building up my tool inventory since then.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was buying parts storing them in the shed along with all my other stuff and some how the shed burned down a couple months ago and I lost everything I own. All the parts my tools and everything you would have in your home to live. It was all gone in 20 min. It’s a hard pill to swallow. But hey I have to look on the bright side. I’m still somewhat young I can rebuild. Nobody was injured it’s just going to a while to get back in my truck. My truck didn’t burn thank God. But all the brand new parts did and all my tools I’ve collected over the past 30 years as a mechanic. I just hope none of you ever have to experience something like this. I would know exactly how you feel.

Greetings Chris,

Welcome to the GMT400 forum. From the sounds of your journey you will find some kindred spirits here.

It's kinda hard to explain away why you had to be burdened with the loss of your stuff in a fire. I could come
across as glib and say that it's hard to truly appreciate the good without having a bad stretch to compare it against.
But in a strange way I'd share this because this is what I was telling myself after getting tangled up in the Balad
burn pits and getting so sick as a result. (Balad burn pits) Seemed that our HASs (Hardened Aircraft Shelters)
were next door neighbors to the base burn pits, and it was by far the worst air quality I've ever experienced on planet Earth.

Won't bore you with the details, but if you end up reading around the forum and I seem to be the most relentlessly
positive/cheerful dude on the site, it's simply because once you get that sick, every healthy day where you get to rub
virtual shoulders with your friends is a effing great day! :0) It is simply so good to still be!

So I guess that between you & I we can sincerely vouch for everyone else here that external combustion sux. But
internal combustion is a fine thing, whether standard NA (20% oxygen) or even improved a bit via Nitrous Oxide.
(colder, denser, 40% oxygen)

And the best takeaway is that we all need to make the most of every day, for the future is impossible
to predict with any real accuracy. Make it a point to enjoy your family and friends as if each instance might be the last
opportunity to do so.

See you around on the forum. Lots and lots of really solid folks in here. The kind of folks where if we were neighbors
I could see my lifetime shenanigan ratio climb out of sight. They would be talking me into dumb stuff in the interest of science
and I'd be a willing participant. It seems that the common ground of enjoying all things GMT400 sets this forum up for
success.

Enjoy --

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, if it weren't for hard times we would never truly appreciate the good times. The first step to getting back on track is a positive attitude and you seem to have that part sorted so it's onwards and upwards. Looking forward to hearing, and seeing, more of your truck so don't be shy and jump in and enjoy the forum.