Misfire killing my soul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After driving to work, everything is gtg except the “air” which I’ve been assuming is the air pump for smog. Never had a issue with it before so I’ll drive it the rest of the week and check it again, haven’t looked up the specific requirements for it to reset after I saw it takes a couple drive cycles to reset everything anyway

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update part 2! Only O2 sensor 1153 came back on, replaced o2 sensors. Restarting process. Truck runs good tho

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
p0306 code came back on. What the hell am I missing here
Cylinder 6 is missing. YOU are not missing. YOU are fine. :)

Misfire can be a matter of lack-of-compression; lack of spark across the plug gap at the right time, or lack of a burnable air/fuel mixture.

Therefore, cranking compression test, verify distributor cap, plug wire, spark plug, and assure that the fuel injection is working properly--and no intake manifold gasket vacuum leaks. There's the very slim possibility of vacuum leaks down totally wiped-out valve guides, but hardly worth considering.

Look at the misfire counts for the other cylinders. Make sure they're OK. Could be you've got other misfire problems but below the severity needed to set a code.

BIGZ18

Reaction score
Cylinder 6 is missing. YOU are not missing. YOU are fine. :)

Misfire can be a matter of lack-of-compression; lack of spark across the plug gap at the right time, or lack of a burnable air/fuel mixture.

Therefore, cranking compression test, verify distributor cap, plug wire, spark plug, and assure that the fuel injection is working properly--and no intake manifold gasket vacuum leaks. There's the very slim possibility of vacuum leaks down totally wiped-out valve guides, but hardly worth considering.

Look at the misfire counts for the other cylinders. Make sure they're OK. Could be you've got other misfire problems but below the severity needed to set a code.
I have the same code and I watched a Youtube video of some guy testing and verifying all that you have eplaced nd what not and it came down to a failed intake gasket internally. I am about to do this because of the code and the high idle.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same code and I watched a Youtube video of some guy testing and verifying all that you have eplaced nd what not and it came down to a failed intake gasket internally. I am about to do this because of the code and the high idle.
When did you get a high idle? That is a huge red flag that you have a vacuum leak.