Misc Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buggs

Reaction score
This is from my 1998 Tahoe. Does anyone know if this plus should be connected to anything? It's located near the throttle body plugs. I'm having an issue with the heat turning on during acceleration and would like to know if this is related. Or......is it there for an accessory my truck doesn't have.

Attachments

• Misc Wire.jpg
    Misc Wire.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 10

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are no open connectors, just just hanging out flopping around. Have worked on anything underwood? Get your flashlight and small mirror, somewhere in that 1 foot diameter search circle is a a plug missing it's other male half. There are numerous two pin plugs under hood. Without knowing what the actual wire colors are ( not exposed faded colors ) it would be wag. You can accomplish this , it's not a specialized task.

buggs

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I believe it was tied in here (see pic). This is a picture of another 1998. I have a cap in its place. The old owner had the compressor and receiver replaced.

Attachments

• 98 Chevy Engine Compartment 1.jpg
    98 Chevy Engine Compartment 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 8

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they were replaced they should have reinstalled the low pressure sensor cycling switch and plug, and the high pressure cutoff sensor and plug, and the overpressure relief sensor and plug.
The one circled is the compressor pressure switch, normally open, closes at 250 psi and drives a vent door to prevent system freezing.