Millennia Bluetooth Dongle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm talking about this little gem right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Milennia-1135-47102-Bluetooth-Dongle/dp/B00BYGEVA4

Basically this is for all you guys who would like to stream high quality Bluetooth audio off of your phone, but don't particularly care to have calling features associated with the Bluetooth function.

A little backstory, I run some older Pioneer Premier head units in my trucks that back in their day cost over $1k a piece. I love these things and I have absolutely zero desire to upgrade them anytime soon. I've been using their proprietary XM and iPod adapters with the decks. Recently though, I'm coming to the conclusion that iPods really are outdated devices. My phone has 128GB of storage on it's SD card, which is already destroying my iPod classic's 80GB capacity. Add to that the ability to stream from apps like Pandora and there's really no point in keeping iPod connectivity anymore. So to make a long story short, I still use XM but I decided to rip out the iPod adapters in favor of these little guys.

Basically you just hook the RCAs up to a spare AUX input on your head unit, you may need an adapter for this such as RCAs to 1/4". In my case I used an adapter to connect the RCAs to Pioneer's fancy pants IP-Bus cable system. Then all you need is an ignition power source (key on) and a ground point. Wire this up and you've got HQ Bluetooth audio for your existing head unit setup!

I'm about to go play with it some more right now but I have to say I'm very impressed already. Great audio quality and you can't beat the price for the functionality. Added bonus, the power draw on this thing is so tiny that you can just daisy chain the power wire onto your amp's remote wire. (As long as you don't have more than one amp in service already, otherwise you should probably wire up a remote wire relay or find a different ignition power source) Plus, it's tiny so you can hide it pretty much anywhere. Mine is under the insert in my center console next to my XM receiver.

Just thought I would share this, I strongly recommend this product if you're looking for the functions I described.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Keep us posted on how it works. I'm getting ready to install aux inputs on the NAV/6 disc changers in the 300 and the Magnum, and want to add Bluetooth as well. Originally I was going to use a spare Blackberry music gateway that I've got, but a smaller component-style solution like what you posted would be even better. The Blackberry unit requires you tap a button on it to make it pair (if it's been on long enough to time out), and I'd have to cut a charging cord up to hardwire it as it has a micro-USB charging port. The Milennia looks way more suited for a permanent, hands-off install.

Richard

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I used the Fusion MS-BT100 dongle on my Grizzly's audio system, it runs about the same price as that unit but is waterproof. Since it's connected directly to the amp and I have to use the volume control on my phone, I can hear some background noise from the receiver if the volume is low enough. Still, if you have it connected to a headunit and use that to control the volume, you'll probably never notice. Sound quality is good otherwise and the range is excellent.

Wetsounds also makes a waterproof receiver with a flush mounted knob that can control play/pause, next/previous, and volume. It's also around $100.

There are also even cheaper bluetooth receivers out there that I've tried, but they require 5vdc, have poor sound quality, poor range, and/or have major issues with pairing.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the title I was fully expecting spam!

Haha I thought about that right after I posted it. Even misspelled a word in the title for true spam-like status!

Keep us posted on how it works. I'm getting ready to install aux inputs on the NAV/6 disc changers in the 300 and the Magnum, and want to add Bluetooth as well. Originally I was going to use a spare Blackberry music gateway that I've got, but a smaller component-style solution like what you posted would be even better. The Blackberry unit requires you tap a button on it to make it pair (if it's been on long enough to time out), and I'd have to cut a charging cord up to hardwire it as it has a micro-USB charging port. The Milennia looks way more suited for a permanent, hands-off install.

Richard

Will do. The only negative that I've noticed so far is that it seems to have a slightly lower base volume than my other sources, but my head unit has a source matching feature so that I can adjust that, no biggie. As far as a hands off install, this fits the bill perfectly. It even remembers my phone and pairs automatically when I get in and start the truck up. I'll update after I mess with it some more.

I used the Fusion MS-BT100 dongle on my Grizzly's audio system, it runs about the same price as that unit but is waterproof. Since it's connected directly to the amp and I have to use the volume control on my phone, I can hear some background noise from the receiver if the volume is low enough. Still, if you have it connected to a headunit and use that to control the volume, you'll probably never notice. Sound quality is good otherwise and the range is excellent.

Wetsounds also makes a waterproof receiver with a flush mounted knob that can control play/pause, next/previous, and volume. It's also around $100.

There are also even cheaper bluetooth receivers out there that I've tried, but they require 5vdc, have poor sound quality, poor range, and/or have major issues with pairing.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

I actually looked at the Fusion too before I bought the Milennia, good to know there are some options. The Wetsounds seems like a good option for those connecting directly to an amp like you did, it's interesting what manufacturers are coming up with these days.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
So this dongle automatically connects to the last device after powering up? That's certainly nice, the Fusion one doesn't.

Also, does it play any jingles when it's powered on, makes connection, looses connection, etc.? Again the Fusion does that and I hate how loud it is.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, remembers last paired device no problem. Also no jingles or noises at all that I've noticed.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jut an update, everything is working flawlessly. Nothing new to add really. Remembers last paired device with no issues, doesn't make any noises or play jingles, sounds great! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I strongly recommend this thing.