Make new transmission cooler lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lurch

Reaction score
I have a 95 Chevy K1500 5.7(350).

I can not find trans cooler lines for it. I think It may have had a aux cooler that has been removed. Or a radiator from a different year put in. Either way I am stuck making new lines to replace the leaking hack job on it now.

While I can find lots of videos on how to add A/N fittings to braided steel lines and other similar types of hose. How do I adapt them to the transmission and radiator fittings? Does any one know which adapters will work or how to find out what the right size? Would the parts stores carry them? What would I even ask for?

Thanks in advance.
-Lurch

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anplumbing.com has compression fitting hard line adapters. I used some of them to make new oil cooler lines. I'd contact their customer service and see what they recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In to see what happens here. I am wanting to change mine and would like to know what to order as well.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Anplumbing.com has compression fitting hard line adapters. I used some of them to make new oil cooler lines. I'd contact their customer service and see what they recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Try Inline Tube. They have steel and Stainless trans lines. I've used them many times for my cars as well as customer's cars and trucks.

http://www.inlinetube.com/

Both of these are good suggestions.

Using AN fittings on the trans is a bit of a pain, since the radiator and trans are both SAE threaded. So you have to go SAE, to AN/AN compression adapter for SAE hardline, and repeat three more times. Then your cooler will give you hoses and clamps anyway lol. So it add's up quickly.