Lucas Slick Mist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I wash my truck I usually use a quick detailer someone told me Lucas Slick Mist is good, has anyone ever used it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, just want something good to use between waxes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
FWIW, the best stuff I used is Mother's Showtime. I love Meguiars, but I thought the Mothers did a better job of removing deposits and such in between waxes. It left the clear slick and you could tell the difference.

Sent from my Taliban Killing Droid

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Never used that. I'll pick some up when the stuff I have now is gone.

I used the Meguiars on my 97 before my accident and I just didn't like how it felt when applying/ buffing. Almost how wax comes off after it sits too long. I didn't feel it was coming off "clean". Also, Mother's mag polish is great stuff too. Almost everything else I use Meguiars though.

Sent from my Taliban Killing Droid

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, I've got a designated cabinet just for detailing stuff! I own a freakin' black truck!!!
I've used everything from cornstarch to polish it, to old school 'Blue Coral', which was originally sold, years ago, by GM dealerships only, to the 'High-Tech' polymer based stuff! Wax remover, too!
There's orbital polishers & bonnets, buffers with wool, synthetic, & foam pads, cut-polish, limo polish, waxes from damn near every manufacturer out there.
Engine cleaners, window cleaners, chrome polish, aluminum polish, steel wool, & those red or green scrubbie things.
Rags for applying, rags for removing, rags for detailing!
Small foam pads for tire dressings, with multiple bottles of different types of that, too!
What's one more bottle? LOL!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well, I've got a designated cabinet just for detailing stuff! I own a freakin' black truck!!!
I've used everything from cornstarch to polish it, to old school 'Blue Coral', which was originally sold, years ago, by GM dealerships only, to the 'High-Tech' polymer based stuff! Wax remover, too!
There's orbital polishers & bonnets, buffers with wool, synthetic, & foam pads, cut-polish, limo polish, waxes from damn near every manufacturer out there.
Engine cleaners, window cleaners, chrome polish, aluminum polish, steel wool, & those red or green scrubbie things.
Rags for applying, rags for removing, rags for detailing!
Small foam pads for tire dressings, with multiple bottles of different types of that, too!
What's one more bottle? LOL!

I think I'll keep mine dirty! Lol!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Slick Mist is really good, I have used it on the show cars often. I have used Meguiar's Final inspection, but find it leaves a haze. Their gold class is better. Mother's showtime is good as well. But I just tried Turtle wax ICE on my white Monte and it's awesome! It gave the paint a little pearl effect in the sun. Tried it on my son's SS and his lazer blue pearl paint looks great. Tried it on the black SS and it smeared and looks like crap! made it slippery, but don't like the look.