Ls swaped 0lder 4l80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soco1949

Reaction score
Hey guys I did an LS swap on my 1994 chevy crew cab I got a psi harness for the 4l80 and everything. But now when I drive it. It won't shift by its self I have to shift it. If you put it in a gear it stays in the gear no shifting. It also has no passing gear. I'm just so lost and don't know where to start I've tryed everything. Yes I have power at the trans I've replaced the harness in the trans because if was leaking out the plug. Replaced speed sensors and still no change I just need some kind of help please and thank you

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What LS engine did you drop in? What vehicle did it come from? Was the engine mated to the 4L80e from the donor vehicle? If it came from a 1/2 ton, then you need to the ECU reflashed for the 4L80e.

The 4L80e is original to the truck, right? 1994? It should work without any problems if ECU is programmed for it. Only the first year or two of the 4L80e (1991-1992?) had a different electrical connector.