Lowering Shop in Orange County, Ca.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a reputable custom or suspension shop in or near Orange County, Ca. that does lowering? There are lots of off-road shops around, but not many that lower vehicles. I'm comfortable lowering the front end of my truck myself, but don't have the room or manpower to remove the bed to do the rear end. Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited:

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss the old days when Trader's (SoCal) could knock this job out in a day or two. You could get your truck lowered, get your Phantom grille installed, and pick up a set of Boyd's while you were there.

You must be registered for see images attach

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I lived in Orange County.... I was around most of the great custom rod-builders & custom painters. ( Foose, Codington, Santini, Martinez, Paint-n-Place, etc )
I knew Traders, but I don't know if they exist anymore....

You could contact 'Bell Tech' ?????

You need to find one of those neat custom auto paint places..... They will know who lowers trucks.
( They painted many of them)

Double Dee

Reaction score
Call JR [(562) 397-1477 cell] at JR's Wheels and Tires [(714) 774-1060 work] in Anaheim. Like you, I was having a tough time finding someone reputable in the Orange County area (to lower my 2015 Chevy Crew Cab). He came recommended to me so I took a chance. I provided him the McGaughy's kit and they installed it, per my request. He has guys who specialize in lowering and other guys who specialize in lifts. The guy who lowered my truck made a small mistake (he cut off a tab on my axle that he did not need to cut off) but that was the only mishap. Without that small mistake, I'd give them 5 out of 5 stars. Once the lowering was complete, they aligned my truck perfectly. He also told me to come back in 500 miles to re-align my truck (for no additional charge) because he knows that new suspension, lifted or lowered, settles. I'm super picky about my trucks and I was really happy with the result. Hope this helps... PS - don't forget to Yelp or Google the shop. I saw some pretty good reviews before I took my truck to him.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call JR [(562) 397-1477 cell] at JR's Wheels and Tires [(714) 774-1060 work] in Anaheim. Like you, I was having a tough time finding someone reputable in the Orange County area (to lower my 2015 Chevy Crew Cab). He came recommended to me so I took a chance. I provided him the McGaughy's kit and they installed it, per my request. He has guys who specialize in lowering and other guys who specialize in lifts. The guy who lowered my truck made a small mistake (he cut off a tab on my axle that he did not need to cut off) but that was the only mishap. Without that small mistake, I'd give them 5 out of 5 stars. Once the lowering was complete, they aligned my truck perfectly. He also told me to come back in 500 miles to re-align my truck (for no additional charge) because he knows that new suspension, lifted or lowered, settles. I'm super picky about my trucks and I was really happy with the result. Hope this helps... PS - don't forget to Yelp or Google the shop. I saw some pretty good reviews before I took my truck to him.
I've been to JRs in the past for a tire replacement. They did a good job, but I'm not sure how I feel about their ability to remove the bed of my truck and do the rear C notch. Since they only have garage bays, and seem to have limited space, I'm not sure where they would store my bed while they did the work other than their parking lot? I appreciate the recommendation. It sounds like you had a good experience, so I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless u bagging it, With a lift and all the right tools u don’t need to remove the bed 9/10 times. Does make it easier tho, especially when working alone

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless u bagging it, With a lift and all the right tools u don’t need to remove the bed 9/10 times. Does make it easier tho, especially when working alone
I thought you had to remove the bed to do the C notch. If I recall you also need to cut out one of the channels under the bed, but that may be bad recollection on my part. But also helps if you're doing a fuel sender swap, which I need to do.

VFJimbo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other then Mr. Bruce McKoy(R.I.P.) from The Drop Shop in Chino,which closed,Traders which is still open but in Baldwin Park now...

Jimmy O

Reaction score
I've had JR lower my C10, OBS and Caddy XTS. No issues whatsoever. He's a straight shooter. You'll not be disappointed with the price, quality and turnaround time.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you had to remove the bed to do the C notch. If I recall you also need to cut out one of the channels under the bed, but that may be bad recollection on my part. But also helps if you're doing a fuel sender swap, which I need to do.
Don't have to, just makes it easier. The bed support does need to be notched to clear the pumpkin, but that can be done in place as well.