Low range without 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing that?

I'm seeing "Dana 30"; and in the Q&A section, "Some Dana 44", but NOT Dana 60--so clearly they're NOT "Universal".

NOTHING about IFS that I'm seeing. Given that the CV axle male splined end directly engages the IFS female splined hub, I have no concept of how this can bolt in place to allow the hub to turn without the CV axle turning.
If it's advertised inaccurately I'm not sure what you think I should do about that, I don't own that company. All I can do is post things I think are helpful, which is what I did.
If what you've discovered is indeed accurate, then good, now we all know.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they are making hubs for these trucks it's a (very) recent development.

The cable systems are an expensive and inelegant solution. Plus there's that cable hanging down near the axle........

A switch to interrupt power or ground is the easy way.

Been meaning to do that for a long time now.........sheesh.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I have no idea! But I wasn't thinking about our friends with electronic T-cases, might not work for them. But for those of us with manual T-cases, what else could possibly be powered by that circuit and would it kill it to not be powered? Hmm.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read if this mod before, been a couple of years. Think it was on the “original” FullSizeGm” or GMC forum. Didn’t think it was of use to me, but there where members that definitely “did” it.

GSCapt

Reaction score
I have read if this mod before, been a couple of years. Think it was on the “original” FullSizeGm” or GMC forum. Didn’t think it was of use to me, but there where members that definitely “did” it.
Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you "upgrade" from Thermal to electronic , just put a toggle switch in the brown wire.