Louise-1999 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here was my latest project for her. I built myself a headache rack and bedrails out of some heavy angle i have laying around, and some 1x2 rectangle tube I bought. Ill post more pictures when I take some in the light , to get a more clear view. basically i built it to hold my toolbox which i had previously just had rolling around in my bed.. needless to say it got old. it turned out pretty well, but its not 100% finished yet i still need to add the guards for the back-glass, i have a neat idea for that so Ill let y'all know how that goes..

You must be registered for see images attach

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here are my immediate plans for Louise:
*stock style fender flares
*Wheels and tires
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/falken-wildpeak-a-t3w/p/26508
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/vision-turbine/p/59161
*fix rockers and cab corners, the poor baby has some of that cancer
* 411 pcm swap, i already have it just need the gumption to do the swap

More *distant* plans for Louise
* LQ4 swap, that little 305 wont cut it forever
* Manual tranny with 4x4 along with LQ4
* Cowl hood mabey? Ram air?

And then? Daily the ole girl

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are some more pictures of the headache rack design, as promised

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the throttle body mod last night, definitely worth my time. It helped about as much as my throttle body spacer did! I still won’t be winning any races but I might get em off the line. Lmao

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the other day I got stuck on flat ground right next to my uncles driveway in the suburbs.. embarrassing. I was up to the rim on the front passenger side. So today I decided to build myself a set of recovery tracks.. lemme know what y’all think of em, I built them for free.50, and I have yet to test them.. any suggestions would be appreciated.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's the latest picture of how she's doin. Louise the Snow Pig! We got our first big snow the day before last and me and my cousin spent the day shoveling driveways. I think we spread more salt then the state did, lol, the roads were frozen all day, I was thankful I had 4x4 but left it in 2x4 most the day to learn how to drive better in the slick.
On a separate not does anybody know what the paint code for the black section at the bottom would be? i would prefer to use the factory color if available, if not I'm pretty good with a rattle can but I want it to look quality..

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been a little bit since I updated but nothin has really happened other than my passkey was acting up, what a pain in the ass. So I bypassed it. For those wondering yes I will be putting a tune on it eventually but money is tighter than a piano string right now and it just will have to be a while.
Done know if I mentioned it but I love this truck.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again its been a minute but I'll update this thread. Not much has changed with Ole Louise, I have however been working on my anti-chrome crusade. I've never been a fan of chrome and black is more my style. I just removed the chrome wheel well trim and think it looks considerably better, aside from where the trim rubbed through the paint. other than that i should be able to get new wheels and tires soon. it'll make me feel a little better cause the ones on it are downright hazardous. luckily Id think the snow is about gone for the time being and I've got a soft right foot in the rain lol.

Here's a awful picture I took of the clean fenders. Also the smoked side markers. honestly I don't know how I feel about them but they're there.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my new wheels and tires yesterday! couldn't be happier with them. the ride great and look even better. I finally broke down and decided it was time for new tires when I had two tires bulge on me, one on the interstate and the other I had to ride on for a minute, (I like to live dangerously I know)