LoudnLifted88's 86 monte carlo SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
got the monte as a graduation presant from my parents it has no motor or tranny but i have a 700r4 and a stage 2 B&M shift kit for it i was thinkin of going with a carb'ed 350 but plans have changed and ive been leaning torwards a carb'ed 5.3 for it ill see if i can upload the pics of it... prob wont be doing much to the car often but its a start

for some reason my photo bucker wont work right now ill upload the picture as soon as i can

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice I had an 85 that was cloned into an ss. I ran a shift kit th350 with a carbed 350 and now a 305, switched rear to 3.42's and it'll smoke tires nicely, rode great, they are nice cars.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
here is the picture i have of the car right now... the car is in storage right now but i plan on getting it out soon and maybe ill get some work done on it this summer

You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
nice I had an 85 that was cloned into an ss. I ran a shift kit th350 with a carbed 350 and now a 305, switched rear to 3.42's and it'll smoke tires nicely, rode great, they are nice cars.

as far as i know this is a true SS car

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
here is the picture i have of the car right now... the car is in storage right now but i plan on getting it out soon and maybe ill get some work done on it this summer

You must be registered for see images attach

Definitely needs the windows tinted

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Nice project car! I friggen LOVE these cars!!!! I'm going to keep an eye on this build.

Need any parts? Let me know, I have boxes of stuff!

I have the white 86 SS, My son has the two tone blue/silver 84 SS, My friends Tim has the green 88 SS and Matt has the 87 LS
You must be registered for see images

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Nice project car! I friggen LOVE these cars!!!! I'm going to keep an eye on this build.

Need any parts? Let me know, I have boxes of stuff!

I have the white 86 SS, My son has the two tone blue/silver 84 SS, My friends Tim has the green 88 SS and Matt has the 87 LS

looks awesome ive always loved this style monte and have always wanted one it just sucks that i have so many other projects going on that this has hit the back burner for now i know it needs some rust work right behind each rear door between the tire and door it needs a driver side floor pan its not bad yet i could patch it but id rather do it right and it needs a trunk lid

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yeah, thats the problem with G-bodys, They tend to rust. My son's was ready for the scrap yard when he bougth it and restored it in Shop Class. Mine was rust free from Florida, but has since been repainted twice and it's cracking again. We drive these cars to shows all over. They are showing their age quickly.

For Metal patching panels, Original Parts Group and Year one have replacement panels. Have fun

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yeah, thats the problem with G-bodys, They tend to rust. My son's was ready for the scrap yard when he bougth it and restored it in Shop Class. Mine was rust free from Florida, but has since been repainted twice and it's cracking again. We drive these cars to shows all over. They are showing their age quickly.

For Metal patching panels, Original Parts Group and Year one have replacement panels. Have fun

haha thanks