lost first and fourth gear in my auto -_-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
I was almost home too, came to a stop at a light and right before coming to a complete stop the whole truck shuddered/ bucked really hard. Went to take off from the light and it felt like i was starting off in fourth gear and didn't shift, next light i put it in first and it started moving in second. And when i was braking it felt like to trans wanted to come out from under the truck. Bucking REALLY hard. Its dark out but i crawled under it and it looks like trans fluid is coming out of the top of the trans, I don't know. Anybody got a suggestion for me?? Its a 1993 ECSB 2wd 5.7

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
well... If thats what it is, at least I can do that. Never rebuilt a trans but I have put in my fair share of front pump seals so putting in a new pump would be cake (praying thats all it is lol)

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
you strike a valid point! I'll have to check prices for a pump and a trans, Its been dead at work for 2 months so money is tight these days lol

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Looks like the good Lord is smiling down on me, got it towed to work this morning and wasn't able to mess with it all day. Right before i got of I hooked it to the scanner and Its got a shift solinoid B code. I drove it up and down the road and it drives fine so the solinoid must be sticking intermitantly... I'm pretty blown away that the solinoid made it act the way it did last night, although its now makes sense why I lost 1st and 4th. OH! and all that trans fluid i saw all over the trans last night when it was dark was actually engine oil coming from the oil pressure sender.... so two simple parts and it should be good as new. I'll probly just buy all the soliniods and replace them since I'm already in there. WHEW! Crisis averted lol