LordFinesse Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all, finally posting up the progress on my build- First a little background:
Its a 1993 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 RCSB with 180,000 miles unfortunately its a V6 which at some point (when it dies) i plan on throwin in a 383 stroker or something similar.
Its got a C notch cut in the rear (2in I know right?) along with a ghetto lowering spring drop in the front (unsure what it is exactly, all the lowering was done before i bought it)
It originally had a bench which me and my dad took out and threw in a couple chairs from a 99 suburban along with a console all found at a local pick a part lot.
The whole truck was painted back in October 11 and i dont have any pics of the old paint, trust me it looks better now, at the same time the front end was completely re done
the door panels were also replaced and electric windows and keyless entry added a few months prior to the paint
Theres a custom exhaust done by Kenz Muffler out here in oxnard, 2.5in single pipe thats routed around the front header giving more clearance, brand new Cat, and Flowmaster 40 series done in Feb 12'
Il list the rest of my project as updates in the thread here, this is how it sits as of 4/27/12

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This was done back last year some time when my dad owned the truck, we got these seats of of a 99 suburban and mounted em in here along with a new carpet (cheap molded one i need to replace cause it sucks) the power works in both chairs, drivers adjustable while the passenger has lumbar support
I plan on cutting/ lowering the seat brackets, theres plenty of headroom as they sit now but since the whole truck is so low i want to sit lower in the cab

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next thing was a stereo, put in January 12'
Head Unit- Alpine CDE-123 with XM Module
Speakers- JL Audio C3-650s in the front, Alpine SPC-610Cs for the 6x9 in the rear (want to upgrade the Alpines)
Subwoofer- JL Audio TW5 13in 600Watt sub
Amps- Rockford Fosgate Prime 500Watt running the sub (i know its a 600w sub) and another of the same running the speakers
Theres a cheap capacitor in there as well im not sure the brand but its warranty'd through my stereo place and its worked fine so im happy with it, eventually will swap for a JL or equiv.
I also threw in an iPad 2 mount from Proclip, and since i have a 3G iPad and the TomTom software it works everywhere as a navi, even without 3G, the USB from the Alpine makes for easy music changing and plays my movies through the car stereo too

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 139

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next was removing the belt driven radiator fan for an electric one, i went ahead and replaced the radiator and water pump while i was at it, the fan kicks in at 200 and keeps the engine at a nice 165-175 maybe 190 runnin uphill in 90+ heat
It really makes me wanna get a V8 in there seein all that extra room

Update 3/27/13- the fan switch died! I got it replaced today as it was under a 3yr warranty and set it to 170 now, no problems since

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went ahead and tossed in an Airaid intake and when i find the time i will build a box to make it a cold air

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 96

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot, im still in the midst of FatMat'ing my interior, i did this a week after i put in the stereo but for some reason i didnt post it in line, oh well.
I have the 80mil MegaMat and so far ive done the ceiling, doors, part of the door panels, rear interior wall, and some random places in the dash to stop rattles,
Im gonna do the entire floor as soon as i get money for the new carpet, id rather get it all done once i have all my seats and everything out, heres a couple pics, ive beefed up all these areas but only took pics when i was in the middle of it, you get the idea though
Oh i also put in all new clips for the door panels as well (that Really helped with the rattling)

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Monday (4/23/12) i did my rear view mirror swap courtesy of bluex, and a little advise from Pierced (thanks guys!) im gonna put in a suede headliner next since i finally threw the mirror in there-since i took the pic i put a nice thick piece of FatMat over those wires

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost forgot the rollpan, did that a couple months ago welded in of course

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 112

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well in the last 2 days i did the Big 3 Upgrade with some 1/0 gauge wire, one to the alt to +, engine to frame, and battery to chassis, also threw onMean Green's HD Harness (thank you by the way its awesome) and since then my voltage has gone from 12.9v-13.3v to 14.6v-15.3v and the lights start up super quick, now i need another set of HIDs for the highbeams

IMG_0122 by Phire_Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0127 by Phire_Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0123 by Phire_Glass, on Flickr

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a quick update on my truck, a few weeks ago i finally swapped the front springs for some 2in drop springs from djm, along with their front shocks