Loose wire under engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I need a little help. I bought 1998 suburban and in the course of performing some maintenance I found a loose plug under the engine, It is a red 2 wire plug body that is in the wire loom just past the crank position sensor. Anyone one know where it belongs? Thanks in advance

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Well that plan got put on hold. The shop that has the Suburban called at 4:30 this afternoon to let me know that it has been with out power all day and they did not get to inspect the truck. Tomorrow is another day. :shrug:

Reaction score
EVO. I just took mine off a couple weeks ago and put a 96 power steering pump on. The plug is bright red with 2 wires. It’s the last one in that run of wires, just past the crank sensor. I say leave it unhooked!

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Thanks, I got the truck back on SATURDAY ( buncha five sammich eatin, corn fed, Tractor wreckin, cow tippin **** slingin, pig farmers) they originally had an issue with being with out electricity on Thursday and said it would be ready on Friday, Friday comes and goes and it is still not done. I picked it up Saturday at 11:30.( It passed) and it started raining. So I did not get any pics.If it is for the EVO then I guess it is not an issue because it steers just fine. There is an extra port on the P/S reservoir that is plugged off so my next question is Did these trucks come with out EVO?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is the extra plugged port a metal tube? If so, it's likely a hydroboost pump in there.